How To Approach A Bad Neighbor?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by IcyBC, Sep 12, 2015.

1. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

@Trellum and @Winterybella It is more peaceful to stay away from him without any communication. We avoid him very much as all cost! If he is out in his yard and Capone has to do his business, we would take Capone to our front lawn. It is not worth carrying on a conversation since I fear that he might come knocking on my door if he think we are friends, nope, not going to happen :)

IcyBC, Oct 1, 2015
    Winterybella likes this.
  2. IcyBC

Trellum Well-Known Member

@IcyBC Yikes, you do well. Sometimes that guys can get pretty crazy, and start thinking he can be very disrespectful! It's better you avoid him, because you never know how other people might interpret your actions. That is something I learnt the hard way.

Trellum, Oct 1, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  3. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

When a person is stone high and drunk around 18 hours of 24 hours in a day, it is so not worth getting into a conversation. Just yesterday morning, Capone found another T-bone in our yard. Luckily, this dog listened and dropped it so I can toss it in the garbage. He puked four times after that but I can't prove anything to involve the authority without spending a ton of money having Capone's vomit tested. I will just have to live with it!

IcyBC, Oct 15, 2015
  4. IcyBC

Oh no :( So you think it was laced with something? I want to believe your neighbor is not such a bad person, that it's the drugs doing all that to him. I hope he stops using them, because drugs change people a lot. And you are right, you can't reason with this kind of people at all! You are better off like this, just pray he moves out soon or he gets help for his addictions. I wonder if the landlord is ok with all that??? I guess he pays on time? And how the hell does he get the money to pay the rent?????

Trellum, Oct 16, 2015
  5. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

@Trellum the landlord is his brother I just found out so the hope for him to move is also very slim now and in the future. I have about two more years in my house, I will move before he will :)

As for the bone, I am not sure what happened, but he uses rat poisoning around the border of his brother's property. I am telling you, I live in a war zone, lol..

IcyBC, Oct 16, 2015
  6. IcyBC

Oh... so the landlord is your brother? :O So he knows what kind of person this guy is, I am guessing! I guess he does pay his rent on time to him then? Is that guy living off social security? I'm sorry, but I am so glad you will be moving sooner, this guy sounds like a total nut job... using rat poison! That thing is just awful for humans too.

Trellum, Oct 18, 2015
  7. IcyBC

Djordje87 Active Member

With a baseball bat ? :) Just kidding. Nice words are always in and i really do not like fighting in any way. I had some issues with bad neighbours where even the police had to come and solve the problem. Some people are to sensitive and proud so they forget where is the line they should not cross. I say, you can be indifferent to animals. but if you hate an animal like dog you should burn in hell. It is unbelievable how these creatures are (not can be) supportive and mild tempered. They love and they have no idea what is it or why they do it. I have a dog and i feel bad when i have to yell at him, for his own well being. How can hate somebody who doesn't eat when i am sick i n bed. Whenever i open my eyes i see his head in front of me. Or when i was working abroad my sister told he was sneaking into my room and to sleep on my stuff. In my bed or closet. He cried every other day on my blanket. So i am supposed to understand a person who wants harm that creature? I usually asked them nicely and explain to them i love my dog more than i love him or them.

Djordje87, Dec 9, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  8. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I know what you mean about how wonderful dogs are! I just can't fathom the thought of anyone hurting the dogs in any way or by any mean! I think they are such faithful and loving creature. No matter what we look like or doing or anything, they still love us and just want to be part of the gang.

Capone is such a gentle and sweet dog, but he has never taken a liking to this guy. He stays pretty far from him and just barks until he got the food that the guy tossed over to our yard. I am glad that I no longer live near this guy though. I just moved last week!

IcyBC, Dec 18, 2015
  9. IcyBC

Djordje87 Active Member

Some may think otherwise but dogs know why they bark. Maybe they cannot explain but they feel and see more than we can. He didn't like your neighbour because he felt his anger or hatred. Whatever the reason was trust your dog. I had a situation in my neighbourhood where several stray dogs lived. I would give them food every once and a while but they were smart enough to find it and they were nice dogs. Several of my neighbours, who never liked my dog either, were always complaining about these dogs. They even had plans to poison them. Once, one of them was passing by and dogs went crazy on him. He was scared and alarmed more than usual. While he was sitting on the hood of some car, I came out to see why they bark so loud and saw him on a car. I went there and I think the dogs would have eaten him if he came down. He shouted I shouldn't come near and that I should call somebody. I just went there. Sat on the curb few meters form the dogs and when they saw me they just came to me and started to play. Their tails waving and they were just happy to see me. So, listen to your dog :)

Djordje87, Dec 18, 2015
    Winterybella likes this.
  10. IcyBC

Johanna Well-Known Member

Just do it. Sorry x

Johanna, Apr 15, 2016
  11. IcyBC

Corzhens Well-Known Member

I don't think we can tolerate that kind of behavior from a neighbor. Throwing that leftover food in our property is tantamount to throwing trash. In the olden days, that trick of throwing "poisoned" food for the dogs was being done by thieves. The dogs would die and they can do their thing. I'm sorry to say that I would file a case against that neighbor for endangering the lives of our dogs with his leftover food.

Corzhens, Apr 20, 2016
  12. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

There are all kind of weird people around that neighborhood, but I moved to another area now in December. I now live in a condo with more older couple around and the neighbors are all quiet and keep to themselves. Capone has no threat of dealing with bad people now, and I have a tie-out rope for when he has to use the outdoors so he wouldn't run away chasing squirrels. All is good now!

IcyBC, Apr 20, 2016
    Corzhens likes this.
  13. IcyBC

Winterybella Well-Known Member

I am happy to hear of this. I recall what a headache you had before. I have a different problem with a neighbor who lets his dogs run wild and cause a lot of problems sometimes in the wee hours of the morning. I am trying not to stress about it and I think the owner is a little crazy.

Winterybella, Apr 26, 2016
  14. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Life is tough enough everyday, and when you have crazy neighbors, it is not really helping either for our health. Yes, don't let them bother you, walk away if you can!

IcyBC, Apr 27, 2016
  15. IcyBC

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Well for a little while I have not been hearing or seeing the dogs. Let's hope it continues.

Winterybella, May 22, 2016
  16. IcyBC

IcyBC Well-Known Member

My life at the condo complex is pretty quiet, and everyone keeps to themselves, most of them are retired couples.

We still have feral cats that go under my deck to do their business and it is horribly smelled. Capone has chased them a few times. I don't hate cats, but I do have a strong dislike for those lazy owners who just let their cats out and dropping poop at other people's yard.

IcyBC, Jun 16, 2016
Ask a Question