How often do you walk your dog?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by haopee, Mar 18, 2012.

1. haopee

haopee Well-Known Member

Do you walk your dogs often? Do you do so daily? Two times a week? Or weekly? Some dog owners hardly walk their dogs because of their hectic schedule, environmental issues, or their dogs exhibit bad behavior while being walked.

I walk my dogs 4 times a week because there are 4 of them and one of me. Since we don't have parks where we live in and our house is along the road, I can only walk one dog at a time.

Do you walks your dogs? And how often do you do it? Share your experiences.

haopee, Mar 18, 2012
  2. haopee

zararina Well-Known Member

Hard to walk our dog around the community because of the stray dogs. It will just cause a riot. Lol
    But our dog can freely walk or run around our compound since he was not chained. The gates are always closed.

zararina, Mar 19, 2012
  3. haopee

claudine Well-Known Member

I walk Homer four times a day. It's a lot, I know, but he really loves it and I quite like it too. We always go to a big park near our home. I like watching Homer when he runs happily and jumps:)
    I live with my parents, so they often help me walk him.

claudine, Sep 13, 2013
  4. haopee

trishgl Well-Known Member

We walk our dog everyday. Since I started watching Cesar Millan's show I've realized the importance of exercise in a dog's life. I also feel bad if I don't walk chacha. We as people get to do a lot of things that entertain us, our dogs have so few. To me walking my dog is giving her an opportunity not just to stretch her legs but to socialize with other dogs as well.

trishgl, Dec 2, 2013
  5. haopee

claudine Well-Known Member

Homer lately has been pretty lazy. He seems to be the happiest when he can sleep or sit on a windowsill and bark at birds. I think that walking is good for him though, so I insist on going to the park anyway. It makes him very angry, so it's definitely not bonding time:p. As for others dogs, he isn't interested in socializing with them.

claudine, Dec 2, 2013
  6. haopee

Trellum Well-Known Member

I'm not walking mine as often as I should, ever since my pugsy died I don't really feel in the mood, but I know I must d it for the other girl. I'll try to walk her 3 day a week next week. Can't promise to do it daily, but who knows, maybe I'll eventually.

Trellum, Mar 14, 2015
Ask a Question