How often do you brush your dog?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by claudine, Jun 24, 2013.

1. claudine

claudine Well-Known Member

I brush my Homer's hair only once per week and I wonder if I should do it more often. Unfortunately Homer really doesn't like being brushed, he always tries to bite me. If I did it regularly, maybe he would get used to it. On the other hand, he has rather short hair currently so I'm not sure if it's necessary.
    Do you brush your dog often?

claudine, Jun 24, 2013
  2. claudine

zararina Well-Known Member

Our recent dog fur is not that long and he does not want being brushed too. So, we seldom brush his fur and we just often "hand-brushed" it. :p

zararina, Jun 24, 2013
  3. claudine

I often hand brush my Homer too, lol, because he loves it...but he lets me do it only in some areas, on his back and sometimes on his belly. The rest of his hair is in a mess most of the time:p

claudine, Jun 24, 2013
  4. claudine

trishgl Well-Known Member

Chow chows have a lot of fur and when she was given to me as a pup I read up on the breed. As far as what experts advise you need both a slicker brush and a long wire comb to properly maintain the dog's fur. As for frequency, brushing their fur every other day should be enough to keep the fur healthy. I also brush her fur before I give her a bath. This is so no loose hair can mix in with the attached fur and create tangles and knots.

trishgl, Jun 26, 2013
  5. claudine

This is what I love the most about Chow Chows, they're so fluffy! But I believe that brushing them may be vey time-consuming. How log does it take you to brush her?

claudine, Sep 8, 2013
Ask a Question