How much do you talk to your dog?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jezebella, Jun 26, 2013.

1. Jezebella

Jezebella Member

Whenever I have a pet I end up talking to it a lot. I have a cat right now and I talk to her and she just ignores me until I feed her. When I have a dog I talk to it and feel like the dog is at least happy that I am paying attention to it. Do you talk to your dog all the time?

Jezebella, Jun 26, 2013
  2. Jezebella

claudine Well-Known Member

Oh yes. When I'm alone with my Homer, I talk to him all the time. He sometimes seems to listen to me and sometimes he ignores me completely.
    Yesterday, I started talking to him when I was walking him in the park, people who heard me probably thought that I'm crazy:p

claudine, Jun 27, 2013
    argon_0 likes this.
  3. Jezebella

haopee Well-Known Member

Sometimes, when I need to vent out and Chooey is available. I do hope she just thinks I'm giving her attention because if she understood what I'd be ranting about, she'll probably say, "Oh boy, here we go again."

haopee, Jun 29, 2013
  4. Jezebella

argon_0 Well-Known Member

I do talk to dear Mishka from time to time.I do say good night to her and my wife though Mishka isn't in bed but on the floor. :confused:
    Other times I will say to her go and tell mum what you did or go wake her up which she does by licking her. :D
    Mishka is a part of the family so we do try to give her all sorts of attention including talking to her.:)

argon_0, Jul 1, 2013
  5. Jezebella

zararina Well-Known Member

We talk to our dog as if he or she is a real person.
    I personally talk to our dog a lot since it feels good and I know our dog also enjoys the attention.

zararina, Jul 1, 2013
  6. Jezebella

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I talk to my dog when I'm worried about something because it allows me to vent without talking a person's ear off with my problems.
    As long as I keep a neutral tone of voice and pet him, my dog is willing to listen to my troubles. He's a free therapist. Sometimes he looks at me like "And how did that make you feel? Tell me about your childhood."

ACSAPA, Jul 2, 2013
Ask a Question