How many times at day do you walk your dogs out?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by LaneAlf, Jul 21, 2016.

1. LaneAlf

LaneAlf Member

Being outside is one of the favorites things to do for a lot of dogs, and I think that every dog deserves to be outside breathing the fresh air once in a while.
    I walk my two dogs out once a day but in different schedules, sometimes in the morning and sometimes on the afternoon, and they seems to love it no matter how early is it, lol!

What about you? :)

LaneAlf, Jul 21, 2016
  2. LaneAlf

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Sadly I have fallen behind on this and think I am the one suffering most. I say that because my dogs still get to go out and exercise in my back yard which has adequate space but I know it's really not the same thing as having a nice fun walk. Above all it's great family exercise.

Winterybella, Jul 21, 2016
  3. LaneAlf

claudine Well-Known Member

We walk Homer four times a day. He loves spending time outside, sniffing plants, meeting other dogs, barking at birds and chasing butterflies;)
    My family lives near a big park, it's very convenient.

claudine, Jul 27, 2016
  4. LaneAlf

cluckeyo Active Member

We live out in the country, away from the main highway. And my dog has a pet door. She can come and go as she pleases. She is a very calm and tame dog and minds very well. This arrangement works out well for us. She doesn't like long walks anymore, as she is too old. She likes to walk around the yard and sniff weeds :)

cluckeyo, Jul 27, 2016
  5. LaneAlf

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Capone gets run in the back yard playing fetch, when the neighbors are few. Since it is a condo complex, there is no fence. He loves his toy, and playing fetch, so he got his exercise this way. As far as walking, he has none, sorry to say! In my situation it is not possible as I can't barely walk myself.

IcyBC, Jul 27, 2016
  6. LaneAlf

Corzhens Well-Known Member

In the olden days, I would walk our dog once a day because that's the only time I can spare for that chore. But when there was a prevalence of disease due to the stray dogs in our village, I have since stopped walking our dog in the village park. The only exercise our dogs get now is when we let them loose in the front yard (or backyard depending on the position of the sun) at least twice in the morning and twice in the afternoon. They are allowed to gallivant in the yard for at least 5 minutes each session.

Corzhens, Jul 27, 2016
  7. LaneAlf

amelia88 Well-Known Member

Banjo gets a walk in the morning and in the evening. We're lucky that there is a dog park too just a couple of streets away (about 5 minutes walk!) so it makes it easy for him to get some exercise there too.

amelia88, Jul 27, 2016
  8. LaneAlf

GeeTee Member

Thankfully we have a huge yard space and dogs get to roam at will. I used to allow the female dog to walk with me when I was taking my niece to school, but now that I have a huge male dog as well they are never taken on, or allowed to go on the road.

GeeTee, Aug 2, 2016
  9. LaneAlf

remnant Well-Known Member

We live in a rural area and our compound is loosely fenced. We allow our dogs a freelance life. Since dogs are territorial, they don't stray too far and usually forage and familiarize themselves in the neighbourhood. They also accompany us when we are going out to the garden and have plenty of exercise and relaxation.

remnant, Aug 2, 2016
  10. LaneAlf

Pippin Member

I don't walk my dogs much, I guess I can say 3 or 4 times a week. I just don't like walking like that. They have a big backyard to walk in. I take them to parks and trails, I don't want to seem like I don't do too much for them, but I do a lot.

They are very active, and I enjoy them most when we go on trails for 1 mile hikes. I don't know that much about when dogs really tire out, so we will walk for no more than 1 hour because they may be dehydrated and I don't even know since they can't tell me.

I worry about their health a lot.

Pippin, Aug 2, 2016
Ask a Question