How many hours online?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Trellum, Nov 17, 2013.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

I'd like to know how many hours most of you spend online :) I must admit I spend quite a lot time online, I spend nearly 12 hours online because I work from home! but at least you can say that time online was spent well ;) Because I'm not just fooling around or playing video games all that time! I'd like to find a different job, but I'm sick right now, so for now working at home is the only option. I'd love to spend less time online tho :(

What about you guys? How many hours do you spend online daily?

Trellum, Nov 17, 2013
  2. Trellum

zararina Well-Known Member

I usually spend more than 5 hours a day. It is since I work online and I really need to work for long hours especially if there are lots of work to do.

zararina, Nov 17, 2013
  3. Trellum

Just 5 hours? :eek: You must be really fast! Are you into writing? If you are you must be one of the fastest writer ever, or very focused. I have focus problems, so I tend to end last always. Because I like to take a rest after one hour or so, sometimes that break is stretched and I end up wasting a few hours that way :oops:

Trellum, Nov 20, 2013
  4. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

I spend around 6 hours online a day, sometimes, if I have time, even more. Whenever I'm at home, I either play with Homer or sit in front of my computer. I work from home too, so I don't have any other choice.

claudine, Nov 20, 2013
  5. Trellum

Yeah, sometimes it gets really hard, isn't it? Do you have sensitive eyes, Claudine? I do, my eyes get dry after a few minutes sitting in front the computer :( Ah well, we are lucky we at least have a job (at home) :)

Trellum, Nov 20, 2013
  6. Trellum

Yes, my eyes are a little sensitive, but when I write, I have to look at my keyboard, not at my monitor:p. Also, I take a break every now and then to play with Homer or to look at my plants. I heard that looking at green things is good for your eyes:)

claudine, Nov 23, 2013
  7. Trellum

I try to look at the monitoer as much as I can, but I had a laser surgery when I was younger, so my eyes are super dry! I use eye drops (artificial tears, but I still have a lot issues with my eyes). Last night I could barely see what I was writing! or even read what had been written to me :eek: It's scary, but oh well, I need to work. Do you take days off?

Trellum, Nov 24, 2013
  8. Trellum

No, I don't take days off. I can't afford it. But the truth is that I really enjoy my job, so it's okay.
    I'm short sighted and since I look terrible in glasses, I never wear them, so I've been thinking of getting a laser surgery too. I'm too scared of it though:p
    By the way, Homer has a soft spot for people who wear glasses. He always lets them pet him:)

claudine, Nov 24, 2013
  9. Trellum

Oh well, before you go down that route... you got to know your eyes might get very very dry often. I think this is what happens to most people who have this surgery! Plus is a really tough one, sadly it seems my defect is coming back a little... ever since I started working online :confused:

Then Homer would really like me ;) I wear reading glasses when I use the PC ;)

Trellum, Nov 27, 2013
  10. Trellum

firelily99 Well-Known Member

Its between four and eight hours and is dependent on how much work I have. Frankly, I hate being on the internet and the computer so much but it is what I have to do right now in order to make some money. Hopefully that will change in the next few months and I can unchain myself from it.

firelily99, Jan 7, 2014
  11. Trellum

I totally get you, firelily!!! I'm in the same situation... I'm being forced to spend too much time online because of work, but just like you in a few months things might change and I can finally stay away from the computer and the internet.

Trellum, Jan 8, 2014
  12. Trellum

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I also work at home so I spent lots of time online, or whenever I have the time. This past year, with everything failing, I average out about 6 hours a day, and I would call it quit. I got burn out with so many things to do, and not enough coming in so it is necessarily for me to stay sane and stay off line.

IcyBC, Sep 22, 2015
  13. Trellum

@IcyBC I totally get you. Someday I feel just so tired of being online, but right now I have no choice. I try to give myself some time off or else I will lose my mind online, lol. On the weekend I just don't care, I go out and just don't care if more work becomes available or not. I need a rest!

Trellum, Sep 23, 2015
  14. Trellum

IcyBC Well-Known Member

We have to take a break from many pennies and stayed sane! There were weeks I pushed too hard and in the end, I was totally out for three days on the couch! I don't have many options and just want to make ends meet. It never does, but paying a bill or two is good enough for me :)

IcyBC, Sep 25, 2015
  15. Trellum

@IcyBC Sometimes it's very hard to know when to stop, right? ;) I had that same problem, I think I have finally reached a perfect balance, or almost perfect :) So sorry to hear you ended up 3 days on the couch! What happened? Was it your back? your eyes giving you trouble? Some days I swear I feel like my eyes are kinda fried :p But trying to take it easily lately :) As you said, paying one or two bills is good enough!

Trellum, Sep 27, 2015
  16. Trellum

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Hi @Trellum It was my back, stiff and painful; I can't even move an inch! I also have tendonitis on both wrists so when I pushed too hard, I usually have to pay for it. As I am aging, my eyes also are having trouble staring at the screen too long. It is not fun growing old, and in financial low :(

IcyBC, Sep 27, 2015
  17. Trellum

Oh on, that sounds awful, @IcyBC I also have problems with my hands and wrists, that is why I try not to push too hard, but there have been some days I might have pushed a little too hard, the next day writing was so hard! I'm so sorry to hear that, did you lose your job too? I lost mine a while ago, mine was online, but was an actual job unlike the ''jobs'' we often see online.

A guy living in my city, he ran a site... lots of software bundled with a toolbar. I had to write reviews, got paid every month, it was a good job, serious stable one. Sadly good things rarely last. It turns out he wanted more than a business relationship... I wasn't receptive, so he made my working life a hell... sending my work to the trash bin (WP), creating very strict rules, etc. Had to quit.

Trellum, Sep 29, 2015
  18. Trellum

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Sounds like an absolute nightmare, @Trellum about your job! I never thought that man could be such low puncher until I got divorce! Man can be nasty if they don't get what they wanted too, and I have a living X to prove even after 14 years of divorce.

I quitted my job when my tendonitis were just too much to handle, and my doctor also warned me about being on the computer too much too. I have to wear splints when I am working online, but they are so uncomfortable to manage the typing.

IcyBC, Oct 1, 2015
  19. Trellum

@IcyBC Oh I am so sorry to hear that, truly. I have some experience in that area, but I don't have tendonitis... yet, I know how bothersome it can be not to be able to write well or comfortably. So sorry! What kind of job did you have? If you don't mind me asking! I ask because I am guessing it was that job the one that caused you to develop that tendonitis. Don't tell me you also spent a lot time in front a computer?

Hehehe, and yes, it was a hell, he owed me $300 when i quit, but I couldn't take it anymore... I couldn't manage to get to the end of that month... He knew i'd quit soon, so he did everything in a way he'd end up owing me money if I quit. I just didn't care anymore. Too stressful!

Trellum, Oct 1, 2015
  20. Trellum

cheryllei9h Member

I'm online off and on all day and night, unless I'm not at hone. I have been doing some work online lately so I have been on even more. Even before then i stayed online a lot. I need a life. I love getting away from the computer once in a while.

cheryllei9h, Oct 23, 2015
Ask a Question