How many cans of food do you feed your dog a day?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by wahcashmom, Dec 18, 2011.

1. wahcashmom

wahcashmom Well-Known Member

My dog gets 2 small cans a day, he is a really small dog and he also like to eat 1 treat a day.

wahcashmom, Dec 18, 2011
  2. wahcashmom

amy005 Well-Known Member

I give my dog half a can of wet dog food along with some dry dog food. I give him dry dog food a couple times a day, once with the canned food. He is a small dog as well but is pretty chubby.

amy005, Dec 20, 2011
  3. wahcashmom

zararina Well-Known Member

I give my dogs table foods so we do not measure it by cans.
    We give them the amount we think will make them full already. We add some extra amount if its their favorite food. They eat just like us since we could give them some for breakfast and some for snack time. They eat meals for lunch and dinner.

zararina, Dec 28, 2011
  4. wahcashmom

Nick87 Well-Known Member

My dogs eat dry foods, about one scoop for the little dog and four for the big dog. The little dog will stop eating when she's too full, but the big one won't, so we have to keep an eye on him especially when it comes to weight, but right now he's still very skinny (but getting closer to a healthy weight)
    They both get quite a few treats during the day, and since they have some stomach medicine to calm their stomachs for a while, they get that wrapped up in cheese which just seems like another great treat to them.

Nick87, Dec 30, 2011
  5. wahcashmom

summerRain Well-Known Member

My Chao don't eat too much so he can hardly manage to eat a can of dog food so I just feed him half of it. I just give him his favorite fresh milk and vitamins everyday to ensure he gets the most nourishments everyday.

summerRain, Dec 31, 2011
  6. wahcashmom

jules21158 Member

I feed my dog a third of a 400g tin of dog food and two handfulls of dry food.

jules21158, Jan 5, 2012
  7. wahcashmom

MakingCents Well-Known Member

My dog doesn't eat wet food, he gets dry food. 2 Cups a day and then on top of that he gets TONS of treats. He was severely underweight when we adopted him and he's still skinny so the vet said he can have as many treats as he wants :)

MakingCents, Jan 6, 2012
  8. wahcashmom

LoupGarouTFTs Well-Known Member

My dogs don't eat canned food. They usually get some raw meat every day. Sometimes they get a small bowl of kibble, but not often. I have one dog that I may start giving some canned food to, instead of the occasional kibble meal, to provide his micronutrients--but that is because he's lost a lot of teeth due to age. When I do start giving him canned food, if I do, he'll get one small can of food for a meal.

LoupGarouTFTs, Jan 6, 2012
Ask a Question