How is christmas celebrated in your country?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by Trellum, Dec 24, 2013.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

Well, tomorrow is christmas!! What a joyful time, isn't it? My family doesn't celebrate christmas, but my boyfriend's family do since they're catholic. Most of the people around me celebrate this holiday, I was wondering how many of you celebrate it and how you celebrate it. Do you have dinner on christmas eve or wait until christmas night to have dinner with all your family? When do you people open the gifts?

In my country they have the dinner and family reunion during christmas eve. They open the gifts right after dinner :D

Trellum, Dec 24, 2013
  2. Trellum

zararina Well-Known Member

We have celebrated Christmas yesterday and as usual, it was a family day. We ate lots of foods :p and we also attend a mass. We later went to a mall and just enjoy the Christmas view. Celebration here for Christmas is really a big celebration cause it is the birthday of Jesus. :D

zararina, Dec 26, 2013
  3. Trellum

Interesting :) In my country they have the family dinner/reunion on christmas eve instead of christmas. I've heard people tend to go to the church that day, after that they have dinner, am I right? You are american, isn't it? This holiday puzzles me a lot even tho I'm not a christian person. It's so interesting to know how this holiday is celebrated around the world :)

Trellum, Dec 27, 2013
  4. Trellum

firelily99 Well-Known Member

Many families get together and exchange gifts and in the US a wonderful holiday really has become a massive spending spree. The spirit of it - the birth of Jesus - gets lost in all of it but churches do have services in celebration. My family is gone so I go to friends or spend a day in quiet and peaceful meditation.

firelily99, Jan 7, 2014
  5. Trellum

I know what you meaning, I think christmas has lost its original meaning everywhere, I see a lot people spending and spending during those holidays like there is no tomorrow!

Trellum, Jan 8, 2014
Ask a Question