How dogs sleep...

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by pugskjj, Jul 11, 2012.

1. pugskjj

pugskjj Well-Known Member

Am I the only one who has dogs that just won't sleep normally. You know what I mean by normal, on the floor in a ball after turning around the mandatory 3 times. My dogs use each other as beds, they think their sisters are pillows and they sleep upside down under the blankets. And of course they hog the bed!! My girls weigh a combined 22 pounds and I have a queen size bed and I am 5'5" and guess who gets pushed to the edge...

When looking at the third photo, remember the white dog is only 3 pounds..the other two are a combined 19 pounds...
    [​IMG][​IMG]

[​IMG]

pugskjj, Jul 11, 2012
  2. pugskjj

Melody Well-Known Member

Oh, wow! They are so quite and that top one looks pretty comfy. Are you sure the little guy isn't getting squished in that last photo? LOL

My dog, Misha, is a burrower. She does not like to be on top of the blankets. She must be under them. I've never seen her sleep on her back though. She's not really comfortable with that position for whatever reason.

One thing I've always found odd is my brother's dog likes to sleep against furniture in the most uncomfortable ways. Instead of laying next to the couch or table, he will lay almost on top of it so that his head is up in the air against a table leg at an odd angle. Once I saw him fall sleep with his head smashed against the glass sliding door. You would think with all the space to lay down he would find something with more room.

Melody, Jul 11, 2012
  3. pugskjj

Jessi Well-Known Member

Lol!!

Ours likes to sleep belly up. He'll scoot and twist on his back for a while and then pass out, occasionally with his tongue drooping out the side of his opened mouth. It's funny, but bizarre, too.

Jessi, Jul 12, 2012
  4. pugskjj

pugskjj Well-Known Member

All three of mine love to burrow! They actually have 2 of their own blankets in the living room just for their naps (no really they aren't spoiled much) and each has their own pillow (people pillow, they frown upon dog stuff). But usually when I want alone time they all crawl up on me and sleep, then I can't get up because they are too cute to disturb...and staying out of trouble!

And in the third picture she LOVES being squished like that!! She has slept next to my head since she was 8 weeks old and I will often wake to find my head on her and she is just snoring peacefully, I guess I squished her so much as a baby she's used to it now.

pugskjj, Jul 12, 2012
  5. pugskjj

zararina Well-Known Member

They look really close to each other. ;)
    There are times our dogs would sleep on their back and sometimes flat belly on the floor. They do not like blankets maybe because of the weather here (tropical country).

zararina, Jul 13, 2012
  6. pugskjj

haopee Well-Known Member

That's just wonderful. It just shows how comfortable your girls are staying with you. My dogs prefer sleeping in a supine position with their legs in the air. You can picture them by thinking of those cartoon characters who faint on the smell of something bad like a skunk and fainting in a cartoony way.

I like how one of them looks like she's smiling while sleeping.[​IMG]

haopee, Jul 16, 2012
    pugskjj likes this.
  7. pugskjj

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Candy doesn't like anybody to look at her while she's asleep. So her favorite sleeping place in under the bed, deep inside on the other side.

Victor Leigh, Jul 16, 2012
    pugskjj likes this.
  8. pugskjj

claudine Well-Known Member

So cute! Homer sleeps on the top of the pillows on his couch - the higher the better I guess. He once tried to sleep on a table. His favourite position is on the back, very twisted. He looks adorable:D

claudine, Aug 27, 2012
  9. pugskjj

supergirl Active Member

Yeah these are cute. Jess isn't one for unusual sleeping places, however she is one for making some odd noises while she sleeps. You can tell when she's having a good dream and when she's not. These dogs look pretty content and happy. Do they dream whilst lying like this?

supergirl, Aug 28, 2012
Ask a Question