How do you correct a naughty dog?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by remnant, May 9, 2016.

1. remnant

remnant Well-Known Member

Some dogs have extroverted personalities which they gladly express without knowledge of their boundaries. For instance, I had a pet who would clamber all over me. This assumed a nasty turn during the rainy season because he would smear my clothes with mud just as I was about to leave the house. How do you correct such a dog?

remnant, May 9, 2016
  2. remnant

IcyBC Well-Known Member

The most common correction that I see people are using, is to knee the dog when he does that or simply push him down! I have also see people using a water bottle with a bit of vinegar to spray the dog to correct this behavior.

My dog doesn't jump on me because I have never allowed it to happen when he was a teeny weeny puppy :) but he does this to my son, and my son lets him. It's very frustrating to me when he also does this to visitor. So in my case, to correct the dog, I must correct the son!!!

IcyBC, May 16, 2016
  3. remnant

claudine Well-Known Member

To be honest, I don't know how to correct a naughty dog:( My Homer is extremely naughty, but I just can't get angry at him, and I definitely wouldn't be able to punish him. He's so cute and tiny!
    I sometimes use firm voice, but it doesn't really work.

claudine, May 16, 2016
  4. remnant

Corzhens Well-Known Member

Our youngest dog is Barbie, a female pekingese who is turning 4 next month. Although matured enough, she still tends to be stubborn at times particularly when she hears the noise of the cats or the voices of the neighborhood children. It looks like Barbie is agitated by those sounds. But everytime she goes berserk as if wanting to chase her enemies, we would always tell her to be a good dog. Sometimes she stops but sometimes she continues barking.

Corzhens, May 22, 2016
Ask a Question