How did you come up with the name for your dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Pocs, Aug 1, 2012.

1. Pocs

Pocs Well-Known Member

I love hearing the reasons behind why and how people came up the name for their dog! What's your?

Gizmo, my older dog was named this because as a puppy he looked just like Gizmo from the movie Gremlins. He also would make a coo sound, that sounded slot like the one Gizmo made in the movie. There was no other name for him!

Giz, is the son of Gizmo and my daughters dog Pixie. So we took parts of each of their names, and there you have it Gix.

Pocs, Aug 1, 2012
  2. Pocs

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Mishka was given her name by my daughter. I will ask her why she called her that next time we have to phone her after she rings first asking can we ring her because she's out of credit. Kids. Not sure which is worst. Furry kids or the other ones who I think had left home 6 years?:confused:

argon_0, Aug 7, 2012
    Pocs likes this.
  3. Pocs

Jessi Well-Known Member

Our current one had a name before we got him. I don't think it's right to change a dog's name, so we left it as is.

A previous one was named because we were planning on buying a female and breeding them. We brainstormed lots of "couple" names and finally settled on "Thunder and Lightning." We had Thunder for many years, but never did end up getting a female.

Jessi, Aug 11, 2012
  4. Pocs

Pocs Well-Known Member

That's a beautiful name for your pooch.
    Your so right about the kids, furry and other wise!

Pocs, Aug 12, 2012
    argon_0 likes this.
  5. Pocs

claudine Well-Known Member

His name is Homer after author of the Odyssey and at the beginning it was a joke. A very big name for a very small dog. But he liked it and responded to it so it stayed and now we think it's adorable.

claudine, Aug 17, 2012
Ask a Question