How did a dog get stuck up on a telephone pole?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Victor Leigh, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Victor Leigh

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Victor Leigh, Sep 15, 2012
  2. Victor Leigh

claudine Well-Known Member

It's real? It's not a photoshopped picture? Poor one, I wonder why he climbed so high. And how did he manage to do it? :p

claudine, Sep 15, 2012
  3. Victor Leigh

pafjlh Well-Known Member

I too wonder if this is a real photo or if someone photo shopped this. I know that cats are natural climbers but I have never known this of dogs, and I have had dogs all my life. So I have to wonder if this photo is real how the dog got up there, did someone put him up there as some sort of joke. Yeah some joke, the poor thing was probably scared to death. No doubt a rescue crew had to get him down.

pafjlh, Sep 15, 2012
  4. Victor Leigh

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

Dogs sometimes climb too. Here's a video of a clever little beagle doing it to get out of his cage:

OhioTom76, Sep 16, 2012
  5. Victor Leigh

Jessi Well-Known Member

Poor guy! I'm glad they got him down! I bet it was scary up there. He was probably just curious and it looks like the pole has convenient step-type bars, so he probably kept climbing until he realized he couldn't go any farther and then didn't know how to get back down.

Jessi, Sep 16, 2012
  6. Victor Leigh

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

You'd be surprised at how good dogs are at climbing, especially certain breeds. By the looks of the pole he's stuck up, he could have climbed it like a ladder, but it's ALSO possible some complete and utter moron, put him up there for 'laughs'.

If a dog has been trained for agility (Google something called Flyball for example), they're not only good at running and jumping, but they really can climb ladders and tackle similar built constructs. It's just by the looks of things, that fella wasn't so good at getting down.

Evilsprinkles, Sep 18, 2012
  7. Victor Leigh

Melody Well-Known Member

Some of the photos on that page were disturbing. I hope all the animals were freed from their situation.

As to this one, I am skeptical. The only think of is that the dog was chasing another animal. I can see a dog going to great length to catch a squirrel or cat. But, I wonder like EvilSprinkles if someone put the dog up there thinking it was hilarious. People have done really stupid and mean things to animals for laughs.

Melody, Sep 18, 2012
  8. Victor Leigh

Jessi Well-Known Member

Judging by the captions, all of them turned out to be fine. :D

That's very possible.Cats don't usually run up those, but squirrels certainly do, especially if they're being chased.

Jessi, Sep 21, 2012
  9. Victor Leigh

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

Yes they have, and I sincerely hope anyone who does things like that to animals, have an accident of some description, something along the lines of their heads falling off at an inopportune moment. Not that there's ever an opportune moment for anyone's head to fall off.

Evilsprinkles, Sep 22, 2012
Ask a Question