Homeopathic medicine

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by GavinMcresty, May 8, 2013.

1. GavinMcresty

GavinMcresty Well-Known Member

Have you ever used homeopathic medications on your dog? Did they work? How did you originally find out about them? We gave our dogs various homeopathic medicines and they seemed to work very well actually. For example, one of our dogs sometimes got swollen paws for some reason. When we gave her the homeopathic remedy (I think it was Arnica), it would get better a few days more quickly.

GavinMcresty, May 8, 2013
  2. GavinMcresty

claudine Well-Known Member

I don't believe in homeopathy so no...but in the past, I tried to heal Homer with herbs and traditional methods. A few years ago he had problems with his throat, his voice was hoarse and our veterinarian told me to give him linseed - it really helped:)

claudine, May 8, 2013
  3. GavinMcresty

trishgl Well-Known Member

I guess it depends. From my point of view homeopathy can be used more for prevention than an actual cure. Giving one's pets food and health boosters that are more organic than chemical can definitely help balance their body functions better. Too much chemicals is always a concern since it exposes one's pet to probable cancer triggers.

trishgl, May 16, 2013
  4. GavinMcresty

Becky Well-Known Member

Arnica is a natural remedy rather than a homeopathic treatment - homeopathy actually refers to water that has once come into contact with something thought to treat a problem but is diluted to a point where none of that treatment remain... more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homeopathy :confused:

I've used arnica cream on bruises before and it has always worked well - it is meant to be good at helping the healing process :)

Becky, May 23, 2013
  5. GavinMcresty

zararina Well-Known Member

Sometimes when our dogs do not want to eat, we feed them sugar and it seems to work on them.

zararina, May 23, 2013
  6. GavinMcresty

firelily99 Well-Known Member

I try and give him as much healthy food as I can as well as supplements. On the whole he is a healthy dog other than a sensitivity to different dry dog foods, I consider myself lucky in that regard.

firelily99, Apr 4, 2014
  7. GavinMcresty

claudine Well-Known Member

How much sugar do you give them? To be honest, I don't think this is a healthy method to increase appetite. When my Homer doesn't want to eat, I don't do anything, I just leave some food in his bowl and I wait. He always gets hungry after a few hours:)

claudine, Oct 21, 2014
Ask a Question