Hero Dog Saves Woman from Being Raped at Knifepoint

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

A young mother in Saugus, Massachusetts avoided being raped and was spared her life because of her dog Rosie, who made such a ruckus that the assailant quickly fled the area.

A woman named Lisa was out for a run with her dog on Tuesday night when a man appeared seemingly out of thin air and pushed her against a tree.

“He grabbed my hair and my shirt from behind and whispered in my ear not to scream, I have a knife,” she told WBZ-TV. “I stayed still and that’s when he kind of groped my body.”

All she could think about was being able to get home to her kids, so she complied with the man’s orders while pleading with him.

“I said ‘Please don’t hurt me, I have babies,’” she explained. “He said, ‘Don’t scream, this will only take a minute.’”

Lisa tried to break loose by thrashing her head around and flailing her arms, but her attacker punched her in the face. Rosie started freaking out and barking, which lead to the other neighborhood dogs joining in. All the commotion caused the man to take off.

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2014/10/hero-dog-saves-woman-from-being-raped-at-knifepoint/

Trellum, Oct 6, 2014
  2. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

Rosie is a hero:) It's an amazing story.
    My Homer is a tiny Yorkshire Terrier, he couldn't hurt anyone even if he wanted to, but I always feel safe when I'm walking him in a park. I'm sure he would bark as loud as he can if someone attacked me.

claudine, Oct 7, 2014
  3. Trellum

Yes, she really is! It's amazing how well dogs can understand the world and are willing to act on that if they deem it necessary! They're way smarter than we think!

Trellum, Oct 21, 2014
  4. Trellum

I agree. Dogs understand a lot of things. They know when we're sad, happy or scared and they can tell the difference between people who like animals and those who don't.
    My Homer is very intelligent:)

claudine, Jan 3, 2015
  5. Trellum

IcyBC Well-Known Member

That is wonderful that she was saved by her dog! Rosie is really a hero! Love, love story like this on how amazing dogs and cats are.

IcyBC, Jan 23, 2016
  6. Trellum

Djordje87 Active Member

Terriers are crazy little things. I had a miniature Schnauzer and he would jump on a Mastiff if he got provoked. Don't worry you have a guardian, small, but fierce :)

Djordje87, Jan 23, 2016
  7. Trellum

Djordje87 Active Member

Wow. Rosie is a doll. You are so lucky to have this dog. Not only for what happened but for many other reasons. You already know that :) I hope they catch that maniac who grabbed you. You hear these stories and people still accuse me of being crazy and stupid when I say I could more easily kill a man than an animal, especially a dg. Hypothetically speaking of course.

Djordje87, Jan 23, 2016
  8. Trellum

Schnauzers are not terriers ;) The schnauzer breed comes originally from Germany, while most (if not all) terriers originate in the UK.

Trellum, Jan 23, 2016
  9. Trellum

Yes, from all your stories I can tell he is a rather smart little dog and so cute! My mom's dog is not so smart, he is not so aware of people's emotions like other dogs are. I had a dog who knew when I was sad and acted on it. My standard schnauzer is the same, but my mom's mini schnauzer is not, but be all the bad mixing, lol.

Trellum, Jan 23, 2016
  10. Trellum

Djordje, remind me not to upset you ;) lol But I understand what you are saying, in this world and this society it seems much easier to find more in common with a dog than with a human, it seems it's easier to be friends with them too, because you get honest and sincere love, no betrayals or hurt feelings. A friendship with a dog is so much more stable than with a human.

Trellum, Jan 23, 2016
  11. Trellum

Djordje87 Active Member

I would like to add that dogs are not selfish and will never do things that people do just to have their asses secured and loved. What kind of life and love that is if you are not ready to sacrifice something?

If you upset me just start barking you might get out alive :p

Djordje87, Jan 23, 2016
  12. Trellum

Djordje87 Active Member

Well I have a encyclopedia that says they are considered to be terriers although they do not have exact temperament of a terrier. Anyway, I love the German Hunting Terrier type. It is my favourite.
    Schnauzers(miniature ones I think) are labelled as terriers because they were primarily used on farms to hunt rats and other earthly creatures which is what terriers do. The name was given from terra (earth), that is why I always say they are terriers although they do not fit the group because of the medium and large ized ones. The small ones really are really working like terriers.

Djordje87, Jan 23, 2016
  13. Trellum

Haha, that's so true, they are crazy:) Two days ago, a large dog attacked my tiny Homer when we were walking in a park. Homer wasn't scared at all. He wanted to fight!
    Fortunately, I picked him up quickly, so he didn't get hurt.

claudine, Jan 23, 2016
  14. Trellum

Winterybella Well-Known Member

The kind of stories I could read about all day. Actually, I'd rather not read of them, but it's the happy endings for the survivors that interest me. I am just sorry the man was not left with a permanent scar to stop him ever trying to hurt people like that.:( Rosie should have left a permanent thorn in his flesh.

Winterybella, Jan 23, 2016
  15. Trellum

It was a joke ;) But yeah, it's much easier to deal with dogs, because well they have no ulterior motives other than eating. They are very simple and selfless, that is why I like to have both a dog and a cat.

Trellum, Jan 29, 2016
  16. Trellum

The miniature schnauzer is said to be considered a terrier in America. I got a bit confused because I have a standard sized one, but it seems miniature schnauzers seem to be considered a different breed. I didn't know that, but I admit it makes sense, because my standard schnauzer is very different from my mom's miniature (in terms of behavior and intelligence). No idea about the giant schnauzers though, I have never had one.

Trellum, Jan 29, 2016
  17. Trellum

Skyspiritflfl Member

There is no doubt dogs understand "anxiety," or "fear," in their owners and often react. I know that I have a very special communication bond with our dog Pepper, and have no doubt she would come to my rescue in times of trouble, especially where strangers are concerned - Dogs are amazing pets as well as protectors - Rosie's proved that' :)

Skyspiritflfl, Feb 1, 2016
  18. Trellum

Djordje87 Active Member

I have no idea why I tend to repeat some words like really :) Anyway, it is confusing but as you said it does feel logically correct. As for the giant ones they are considered to be guardian dogs, and very efficient as well.

Djordje87, Feb 3, 2016
  19. Trellum

Corzhens Well-Known Member

This is not to brag but my first dog named Jedi would have done the same to protect me. When I'm sleeping on the sofa in the living room, Jedi would stay by my side. At first we thought she just preferred to sleep by my side not knowing that she was actually guarding me. No one could come near me including my husband. So when there is a need to wake me, they would just make a noise or call my name out loud. Otherwise Jedi will attack them.

Corzhens, Feb 10, 2016
  20. Trellum

Awwww, she sounds like a sweetheart! Dogs are so loyal and nice, that is why I have a dog and a cat :) I love how independent cats are, but I also love how loyal, protective and caring dogs are!

Trellum, Feb 10, 2016
Ask a Question