Hero Dog Saves Six Cats from Garbage Can Death

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Six cats who were heartlessly tossed in a wheeled trash can and then dumped in a remote area are being given a second chance at life thanks to a persistent dog who alerted his owners to the animals in need.

While at a nature reserve in Cambridgeshire County (north of London), an unnamed dog became intrigued by a garbage can, or as the Brits call it, a wheelie bin. He started barking and furiously scratching the bin.

“When the dog’s owners opened the bin they found six cats staring up and them,” said Alan Maskell, manager of the Blue Cross Animal Charity. “They were completely shocked.”

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2014/10/hero-dog-saves-six-cats-from-garbage-can-death/

Trellum, Oct 6, 2014
  2. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

It's good to know that not all dogs hate cats:) My Homer can't stand them. I would love to adopt a kitten, but I feel that it would be to risky:(
    Look at this cute picture, these two seem to be really good friends:

[​IMG]

claudine, Oct 7, 2014
    Trellum likes this.
  3. Trellum

Aw yeah! And they come in matching colors ;) As for adopting a kitty... that would be lovely!!! But as you said I don't think it'd be a good idea, since your Yorkie is a terry and you know how terriers are around little animals, let's not picture what would happen with a kitty.

Trellum, Oct 22, 2014
  4. Trellum

Yes, I think it would be horrible:( Homer hates other animals. He is very territorial.
    But maybe I'll get a second Yorkie in the future. I love puppies! Who knows, maybe Homer would like to have a younger brother. They could play together:)

claudine, Oct 22, 2014
  5. Trellum

Winterybella Well-Known Member

I came looking for a sad story I started to read about a Vet putting his dog down and stumbled on this thread. I am happier for it as I know what that other story started to do to me when I was reading it before. Pure emotions and not the happy emotions I feel reading this story.

Claudine you might be surprise that HOmer might fall in love with a cat. I saw it happen right before my eyes. Where they were previously barking and trying to hunt down every cat we saw on our walks, Twinkle was an instant hit with my Zola, Remy and even Reba the supposed big bad dog.

Winterybella, Apr 29, 2015
  6. Trellum

Really? Hopefully when you and your boyfriend settle in a building where pets are accepted? That would be wonderful!!!! I love little dogs, they are so easy to take care of, giving them a bath is so easy most of the time, unlike big dogs. Maybe you can get a yorkie for one of your kids in the future, I might do the same :)

Trellum, Apr 30, 2015
  7. Trellum

We can't afford it yet, but one day we'll buy an apartment and then I'll get at least one dog. Or three:D I'd love to have a Yorkie, a Maltese and a Pomeranian:D I don't want to have a big dog, because I know I wouldn't be able to train it properly.
    Most Yorkies don't like kids. Mine doesn't:confused:

claudine, Apr 30, 2015
  8. Trellum

I've noticed most small dogs don't like kids. My aunt had a chihuahua that seemed quite nervous and kept biting her youngest kid, lol. Really? I love Pomeranian!!! Will they be girls or boys?

Trellum, May 1, 2015
  9. Trellum

I'm not sure yet, but I've never had a female dog, so I think I'll choose boys:) Pomeranians are the cutest little things!
    Maybe small dogs don't like kids because they're scared of them? Homer always runs away from my young cousins.

claudine, May 1, 2015
  10. Trellum

Yeah, kids tend to be too rough :( Kids can be terrible with small dogs, so probably small dogs feel scared as you said. I'm sure I'd not like a little kid to hand me like I'm a toy. I think dogs can sense the energy of the person handling them... I really think so. Because have you noticed how some dogs seem to get more nervous around kids? I think they can feel that excess of energy, I know I'd be scared too ;)

Trellum, May 2, 2015
  11. Trellum

Same here, I wouldn't want that either. Dogs aren't toys. They have feelings like everyone and it's relatively easy to scare them or annoy them. Kids often don't understand it.
    I don't let Homer play with children, because he's too aggressive.

claudine, May 2, 2015
  12. Trellum

Yeah, I can imagine how Homer would react if a kid tried to squeeze him! When I was a kid I was also a little rough with my pets :( I didn't handle them with a lot care, at least not like I do now. I was a kid tho, kids don't know better and that is why we got to start telling them very early that animals need to be handled with care. Some kids don't seem to understand their pets are living things, just like them and need to be treated with respect.

Trellum, May 3, 2015
  13. Trellum

That's so true! Children tend to treat animals as toys.
    I only had tortoises when I was a kid. They don't really need to be taken care of, lol;) Like you know, I dreamed about owning a dog, but my parents didn't want to buy me one.

claudine, May 3, 2015
  14. Trellum

Ahhh!!! So that is why your sister still keeps those as pets :O Did you like having tortoises as pets? My sister had two when I was little, they didn't strike me as very warm and nice pets, hehehe. I was kinda afraid of them.

Trellum, May 4, 2015
  15. Trellum

Haha, yes, some of those tortoises are still alive. I liked them when I was a kid, but now they kind of creep me out, because they're so dirty and weird. Homer always steals salad from them, lol:p

claudine, May 4, 2015
  16. Trellum

TheSnowWolves New Member

What kind of dog is that? It is so beautiful!

TheSnowWolves, Jan 15, 2016
  17. Trellum

To be honest, I don't remember where I found this photo:( But I think the dog is a Husky. As far as I know, some Huskies have yellow or orange hair.

claudine, Jan 16, 2016
  18. Trellum

IcyBC Well-Known Member

How wonderful that was! Here we are, human, abuse and abandon them, animals saved each other.

I have seen dogs and cats live in the same house peacefully before, so I think that dog's instinct kicked in!

IcyBC, Jan 23, 2016
Ask a Question