Here comes the Bionic Dog!

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Victor Leigh, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Victor Leigh

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Victor Leigh, Sep 15, 2012
  2. Victor Leigh

Melody Well-Known Member

That is really something! Looks like the dog loves having the ability to jump again.

You know, people sometimes scoff at these medical advancements for animals. However, many of our medical treatments for humans started first with animals. Creating something like this for a dog might lead to a new prosthetic for a person.

Melody, Sep 16, 2012
  3. Victor Leigh

claudine Well-Known Member

This is really great. I wish these special boots were more popular. Veterinarian told me that in the future Homer might have problems with Achilles tendon. Sometimes when Homer runs he strangely kicks one of his hind legs. Apart of that, everything is all right now, but I'm already worried.

claudine, Sep 16, 2012
  4. Victor Leigh

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

That's a great idea! I've seen the dog wheelchairs before, but jumping is one thing they don't allow for. She looks pretty happy in the pictures there too. I love the eyes in those dogs, I think Australian Shepherds have eyes like that too.

OhioTom76, Sep 16, 2012
  5. Victor Leigh

Melody Well-Known Member

We saw the dog with his news shoes video in my other post. He didn't know what to do and walked very funny. It makes me wonder how long the dog took to get used to these braces. I am sure that it went through extensive physical therapy and rehabilitation.

After my dog had her amputation, she was not allowed to walk for two weeks without assistance. Then, she was slowly allowed a little bit of freedom. In all, it took four weeks for her to relearn walking. I am sure the dog in the photo had to go through something very similar.

It's wonderful though! Just think what it would be like to experience this kind of mobility after you lost it.

Melody, Sep 18, 2012
Ask a Question