Here are our boys!

Discussion in 'Meet My Dog' started by jowjo5, Feb 17, 2013.

1. jowjo5

jowjo5 Active Member

We have two Bernese Mt dogs and one Yellow Lab.

Bosco who is almost 2.

And the Lab is named Boo and he is 5.

Jethro our oldest Berner who is 4.

Love my dogs so much. In fact my husband is a teacher and he found out his job is being cut next year but we made a promise to our boys that this would not affect them in any way.

Attached Files:

jowjo5, Feb 17, 2013
    Becky likes this.
  2. jowjo5

zararina Well-Known Member

All of your dogs are so cute! :D
    They are lucky to have you and your husband.

zararina, Feb 17, 2013
  3. jowjo5

claudine Well-Known Member

They're adorable:D . Do they like each other or maybe they compete? Are they jealous? I love how Bosco looks in the first picture - like he was smiling. They all look so happy:D

claudine, Feb 17, 2013
  4. jowjo5

jowjo5 Active Member

They all get along great, now. But before Bosco was fixed the two Berners would do a bit of growling at each other. But all is good now.

As part of our home school day we take them outside no less than two times a day to play. They love the break and get so excited when they see us stop our school and grab our coats. They will run out the door and grab their favorite toy and just run and play with us.

They are awesome dogs and such a part of our family. Bosco sleeps with my husband and I and well, he is huge! He takes up a lot of space. He sleeps right between us if he can. But we love him, and on cold nights he is really warm!

jowjo5, Feb 19, 2013
  5. jowjo5

SweetBeast Well-Known Member

Thanks for sharing the photographs & anecdotes of your awesome dogs - they are al so beautiful! And you nailed it as they are family! It's great you & your husband have already committed to your dogs, to not part with them.

So sorry your husband will lose his job. I wish him well in a new jobs search & to your family as well!

SweetBeast, Feb 19, 2013
  6. jowjo5

claudine Well-Known Member

Did they just stop doing it with time or you had to train them? I'm asking this because I'm thinking about getting another dog and I'm scared that if I did, my Homer would fight with him:( . He is quite jealous and not very friendly.

claudine, Feb 19, 2013
  7. jowjo5

Angelle Member

Your dogs are adorable! I can't wait until my boyfriend and I purchase a new dog. I have always had small dogs my entire life, and I was contemplating on whether or not I should purchase a dog that is larger in size. I've notice that you have big dogs; do you have any issues with them such as, tidiness and obedience? I have heard that small dogs tend to believe that they are big dogs, and big dogs believe that they are small dogs. I kind of think this is true because all of the small dogs that I have had were really bad--I hate to say that. They would bark, and growl at other dogs---attempting to fight. They would mess up the house, and I definitely wouldn't want to relive that.:mad: I think I'll try a bigger dog this time around.

Angelle, Feb 23, 2013
  8. jowjo5

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Lovely to see pictures of your adorable dogs. It must be so hard now to know your husband will no longer have his job and you need to feel you can keep your dogs. I guess that's why you asked about dog food in another thread. I hope someone can give you some good advise as they do require a good healthy diet.

argon_0, Feb 24, 2013
  9. jowjo5

lifeliveson Well-Known Member

Jethro hahah I love that name! cute dogs

lifeliveson, Apr 2, 2013
Ask a Question