Hello!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Sik06, Dec 19, 2011.

1. Sik06

Sik06 New Member

Hi everyone! I took a quick look around the forums. I intend to go back and read through them. We have a puppy. He is very, very hyper. I am looking for some ideas and help with him. He is currently 9 months old. We lost both our dogs last year. One was a 14 year old lab/dalmatian and her sole mate a 11 year old yellow lab. We lost them within 7 months of each other. We were devastated. Our kids decided we needed a puppy and bought us a yellow lab puppy. He is a chewer and has chewed my recliner, carpet and even kitchen cupboards! He also is obsessed with eating paper. (Kleenex, paper towel, coupons, magazines, etc). He also jumps on everyone, which is a huge issue. I walk him 3 times a day and play with the frisbee or ball outside too. I have tried to get him on the treadmill for exercise too but he freaks out when I turn it on. I have tried the bitter sprays (I think he likes them) and they are no help. He is destroying our house and he is only allowed in the kitchen and living room. So I have come here to read and get some suggestions on how to stop this obsessive chewing, jumping, paper issues and just way to much energy. I look forward to chatting with all of you and hopefully getting some help. Sue

Sik06, Dec 19, 2011
  2. Sik06

King Browny Well-Known Member

Wow! He’s very active indeed. Are yellow Labs really like that? (I was reminded of Marley in Marley and Me. Haha! Lovable disaster). And he got himself immune with bitter spray in no time. Your pup is promising. ;) ‘Looking forward to your dog and puppy experiences. And I bet you’ll find tips here in rearing your pup.

King Browny, Dec 19, 2011
  3. Sik06

PuppyChow Well-Known Member

Hey and welcome to the forums. I am sure you will find all the help that you need here.
    I hope you enjoy.

PuppyChow, Dec 21, 2011
  4. Sik06

wahcashmom Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to DogHow!

You will love this forum, it is full of great people, cute dogs and lots of knowledge!

wahcashmom, Dec 22, 2011
  5. Sik06

zararina Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Sue.:)
    And also welcome to your very hyper puppy. ;)
    Hope to see more of your posts around. Have a nice day.

zararina, Dec 22, 2011
  6. Sik06

Becky Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums! Sounds like you have your hands full - I hope you find a way to deal with his behaviour!

Becky, Dec 29, 2011
Ask a Question