Hello! New From California!

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Bloomsie, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Bloomsie

Bloomsie Member

Hello!

My name is Bloom and I live with five cats and a wonderful dog, Roman, a Black Lab mixed with Pitbull. He was a rescue dog many years ago and our family friends adopted him from the shelter. Then about a few years after, we took him in because they couldn't bring up across seas. Roman has been with our family now for 7 years. He's currently 14 and is still acting like the puppy he truly is. I hope to learn and advise people in the near future on the forum! Thank you!

Bloomsie, Nov 25, 2012
  2. Bloomsie

Becky Well-Known Member

Welcome to DogHow! :)

Becky, Nov 27, 2012
  3. Bloomsie

pafjlh Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board. Its interesting to hear about someone who has a dog and cats. Usually these can be mortal enemies as you very well know. I can relate to having a dog who still acts like their a puppy when their older, because that is exactly how my Buddy acts.

pafjlh, Nov 29, 2012
  4. Bloomsie

Bloomsie Member

Thank you for the warm welcomes! I'm glad to be a part of this forum.

@pafjlh - It took about three weeks for Roman and Wolfy get to know each other. We had to keep Wolfy in a room and have Roman sniff the door. Little by little we'd introduce them to each other for seconds at a time and then we had Wolfy run around the house. It was definitely nice to see a 14 year old dog understand the presence of a kitten. Then four more cats came in from our roommate and it took them a few days to get used to him. With time, "mortal enemies" can always work themselves out.

Bloomsie, Dec 7, 2012
  5. Bloomsie

zararina Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum Bloom. :)
    Nice to have you here and hope to see more photos of your wonderful dog and cats.

zararina, Dec 7, 2012
  6. Bloomsie

SweetBeast Well-Known Member

Hi Bloom,

Nice to see at least one fellow Californian here, speaking of their beloved pets! Roman & his step-siblings (!) are very much loved, & it works both ways, as they care as much for you as you do for them!

After Smokee was called Home, I felt I couldn't go through that again, but here I am, wrapped firmly around Bobbi's paw !

And as Roman, Bobbi was a shelter rescue dog & I am so sure, shelter animals know from where they came, after joining their fur-ever homes!

Best to you & all yours!

SweetBeast, Dec 8, 2012
  7. Bloomsie

lifeliveson Well-Known Member

Good job on rescuing a dog, thats always an amazing thing to do. Enjoy your stay, everyone here is great!

lifeliveson, Apr 5, 2013
Ask a Question