Hello from Michigan

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Janet Ford, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Janet Ford

Janet Ford Active Member

I just joined the forum today so thought I'd drop in a short introduction.

My name is Janet Ford. I used to raise both redbone coonhounds and cavalier king Charles spaniels. I trained and hunted with the coonhounds as well as showed them in bench shows. I showed the cavaliers along with my sister for a hobby we could both enjoy together. While I no longer raise them (either breed), my sister is still quite successful with raising/showing her cavaliers. She is an AKC Breeder of Merit and had an invite to Westminster this past year. One of her studs is ranked quite high. I live vicariously through her by helping her at shows when I can. ;)

I authored two books on dogs; one on breeding dogs and the other on how to save puppies from canine paro-virus. Additionally, I have hundreds of online articles out there regarding dogs and used to serve as the National Coonhound Examiner.

Currently, I am owned by five dogs. Two of our dogs are teenagers. Two others I have trained for service dog work to help me with my Complex-PTSD.

Janet Ford, Oct 16, 2015
  2. Janet Ford

Becky Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, great to have you here! :)

Becky, Oct 26, 2015
    Janet Ford likes this.
Ask a Question