Hello, 2 dogs

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by sushdawg, Mar 12, 2015.

1. sushdawg

sushdawg Member

Hi,
    I have two dogs--one that is about 7 years and one that is almost five months. They are both lab mixes, and pound puppies at that. I'm hoping I can find some resources here to help my older dog learn to play better at the dog park, and be less territorial, and am looking for general puppy advice for the five month old! Some of the time the puppy is a little dream, and other times she's a little devil who pretends she doesn't know any commands. Hopefully I can get some of this sorted out!

sushdawg, Mar 12, 2015
  2. sushdawg

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Welcome. I don't know I can offer much advice but I like to look up subjects when they are brought here and I end up learning a lot myself. I have three dogs and truth of the matter is that I am terrible with ages. I am guessing one is about five years, one I really don't know her age and my last one is about three or so. They are all so different. One is a Rottie, one a Chihuahua mix and then there is her daughter who's mixed with a Jack Russell. A lot of mixing there. Anyway I looked up the puppy aspect and found this to be a good read. Here goes.

http://www.dogster.com/puppies/5-month-old-puppy

Winterybella, Mar 13, 2015
  3. sushdawg

Trellum Well-Known Member

Hello there and wlecome to the forum! Best of luck with your dogs! I think my friend Winterybella has already offered you a very good link, hopefully you find your answer right there :) If not, you can come back here and post. Just be patient with your puppy, at 5 months of age your puppy is still a kid, just be assertive and try to read as much as you can about dog training and behavior. Dogs are like little children, you need to show them you are serious enough, and that is why is so important you read more about dog behavior.

Good luck!

Trellum, Mar 13, 2015
Ask a Question