Have you tried Pinesol against fleas?

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by trishgl, Oct 1, 2013.

1. trishgl

trishgl Well-Known Member

I read an article about using the disinfectant Pine sol to kill fleas.Supposedly, the eucalyptus in Pine sol is poisonous to fleas. Has anyone here at the forum tried this method? Accordingly, you can use it to treat flea infected areas in your house as well as your pet.

trishgl, Oct 1, 2013
  2. trishgl

zararina Well-Known Member

It is actually new to me so, I have not tried it.
    I have tried anti-flea powder before called Guard Shield for our dogs.

zararina, Oct 7, 2013
  3. trishgl

firelily99 Well-Known Member

I haven't heard about the Pine sol but I am certainly going to try it in the house. I use BioSpot on my dog and am really pleased with how it works. Its much cheaper than Frontline and repels a wider range of insects on him. Frontline really is ineffective with my dog and costs a fortune on a dog his size.

firelily99, Jan 7, 2014
  4. trishgl

trishgl Well-Known Member

I bought some Pine sol from the supermarket recently just to try it out and I followed the directions that I found on the internet. First I put some of it in a spray bottle undiluted and sprayed the exterior of my house. I made sure I paid attention to the doormats, doorways and windows. I then mopped the house floors with 1/4 cup of Pine sol mixed with 1 gallon of water. I also applied it to the inside of closets as well. I don't have carpets in my house but if you did you were suppose to mix some pine sol with the rinse water of your carpet shampooer. I did not use the stuff on my dog though. I just used the regular flea shampoo. It seems to have worked. At least I got the same results I normally do when I buy a load of insecticides and spray the house down.

trishgl, Jan 28, 2014
  5. trishgl

remnant Well-Known Member

Judging by your contribution, Pinesol should be a good insecticide and it seems to be organic. I have seen some people apply used engine oil on the coats of their pets. This works by suffocating the parasites in blogging their spiracles. Is the product available online or can an equivalent be made from eucalyptus leaves?

remnant, Aug 2, 2016
Ask a Question