Have you tried Barkbox?

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by sasha32, Jul 3, 2013.

1. sasha32

sasha32 Member

I have been seeing ads for Barkbox on my Facebook newsfeed, and I was wondering if anyone has signed up for a subscription. For $29 a month, they send a box filled with treats, toys, and coupons. The treats look like higher quality treats, like Wellness or Blue Buffalo. The $29 price tag seems high, but I have a coupon code. If anyone here has tried it, is it worth it? I don't want to spend $29 on a box full of junk. With all the recalls lately, I'm a little concerned about quality. It looks good, but I don't know anyone that has subscribed.

Thanks in advance!

sasha32, Jul 3, 2013
  2. sasha32

Melody Well-Known Member

I've seen the ads for Barkbox, but I haven't tried it. I just don't think she needs new toys every month. She's got many now, but have 3 or 4 favorites that she plays with the most. Also, she's only 10 lbs. I think we would be quickly overstocked on treats. Or, I might end up with treats too big for her to eat.

I think $29 is too high. But, maybe if you have a large dog or two or more dogs, and go through toys and treats regularly, it might be a good deal.

Melody, Jul 29, 2013
  3. sasha32

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

The Barkbox membership fee adds up to around $350 a year. I'm frugal and on a budget so I can't imagine spending $350 a year on treats and toys. I'd rather spend money on nutritious dog food than a monthly shipment of toys and treats.

ACSAPA, Aug 2, 2013
  4. sasha32

zararina Well-Known Member

First time to know about such product and I think it was only available in the USA and not to other parts of the world.

zararina, Aug 2, 2013
  5. sasha32

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

You're not missing out on much. I think a monthly shipment of dog treats and toys is a frivolous and unnecessary expense. If this business was on the show Shark Tank, I don't think the sharks would have financed it.

ACSAPA, Aug 2, 2013
  6. sasha32

claudine Well-Known Member

I haven't tried it, I'm pretty sure that they don't ship to my country and it's too expensive anyway. Homer doesn't need new toys, he already has too many. Sometimes I hide some of them and when he finds them after a while, he thinks that they're new:p
    As for treats, I prefer to give him vegetables, it's a healthier choice.

claudine, Aug 31, 2013
  7. sasha32

trishgl Well-Known Member

I think that S29 a month is a bit too pricey for me. Besides dogs are not like people in that new things don't have the same meaning to them as it does to us. Your pet would probably appreciate you walking him/her around the neighborhood every afternoon more than a new toy. Also you might consider pet insurance instead that goes for as low as $16 a month.

trishgl, Sep 17, 2013
  8. sasha32

sushdawg Member

I have received barkbox, but it was as a gift from someone else. I honestly thought it was a wonderful gift. I received it right before Christmas, and one of the toys is still lingering about. It is good quality! I received two bags of non-grain treats that I hadn't seen before, a bandanna (some dogs this really would seem like a waste, but my 70 lb lap dog thinks being dressed up is fun) and another smart toy, which my older dog is sadly a little too dumb to figure out. It's a great way to learn about new products, but I certainly wouldn't want to receive a box for 29 bucks each month. I probably spend about 5-10 dollars on treats and toys for my dogs each month, but if the toys hold up longer I wouldn't necessarily need to. Overall, thoughtful gift for the dog lover, but I wouldn't want to fork 30 dollars out monthly. Their food is about 60/month already (two dogs) so if I had a small dog that ate significantly less, I might consider it.

sushdawg, Mar 12, 2015
  9. sasha32

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Like some of the others it's not something that is available in my country that I am aware of . I would have to say if it were available I might not "bite". I have not bought toys in a while. One dog does not care for them, another destroys them all and the one who plays is happy with what she has.

The idea of the healthy treats sounds good but these days I started making my own. I imagine if or when they are offered here it's going to be about four times the price.

Winterybella, Mar 12, 2015
  10. sasha32

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I live on a shoe string budget, so $29 dollars a month won't do for me! I rather pick out the toys and treats for my dog, plus I rather spend my money on supplying him with higher quality food than anything.

IcyBC, Aug 6, 2015
  11. sasha32

claudine Well-Known Member

Same here, IcyBC, I spend money on high quality food too.

The truth is that you don't have to be wealthy to make your dog happy. Dogs don't need expensive, fancy toys. They love playing with sticks and pine cones and other things that you can get for free:D

claudine, Aug 6, 2015
  12. sasha32

Winterybella Well-Known Member

If I honestly thought my dog could remember to make the distinction I'd give Ginger some of my shoes as she loves to bite up shoes but since she can't distinguish between old and new I have to keep her away. When my pocket was heavier and I was new to dogs I would be always picking up some toy that never interests Remy at all. Reba would be the one to enjoy them,. With Ginger she wants something to bite up all the time. I can't keep up with her. She needs a local ToysRUs

Winterybella, Aug 6, 2015
  13. sasha32

Layton Member

I would love to get my dog a Barkbox. I would love to see what new products they would send in it. It seems a bit expensive. I have recieved Birchbox and they only charge ten dollars. If the Barkbox was only ten I would defiantly purchase it.

Layton, Nov 7, 2015
  14. sasha32

Melissa Wilcoxon New Member

Yes, I have been getting their box for almost 9 months and I just signed up for a year. If you get it for a year it's 21.00 a month. I have 2 dogs one is a full grow boxer and a full grown puggle. I get 2 treats and they are normally high quality and also 2 toys. You can choose your toys also when you order. I love it. I would recommend anyone to get it.

Melissa Wilcoxon, Mar 4, 2017
  15. sasha32

Melissa Wilcoxon New Member

The 2 toys and 2 treats are of high quality, I pay 21.00 a month for a year subscription I tried it out on a month to month basis and it was 25.00. My dogs really enjoys getting their treats and toys every month.You can order just one month to check it out.

Melissa Wilcoxon, Mar 4, 2017
  16. sasha32

Andrea Smith Member

It is pretty expensive although you have the coupon, it is enticing but I guess it will be money friendly if you'll just buy him a treats, buy sacks of dog foods and I don't think that you need a toy from time to time. You can try it once, and I am hoping that you will give us a feedback if it worth the expenses.

Andrea Smith, Mar 9, 2017
Ask a Question