Have you got your dog shot with a tracker chip, or identity pill?

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by Pippin, Aug 16, 2016.

1. Pippin

Pippin Member

I have just learned that these are real. One woman got her dog stolen out of her backyard, and the police were notified when the thief took the dog to the vet to get a check up and some shots. I guess they were planning to make the dog the new family member.

They knew it was stolen because the original owners had their dogs chipped. and when they reported it, that chip got updated I guess.

Do you believe in doing that?

Pippin, Aug 16, 2016
  2. Pippin

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Well, I am glad the thief didn't get their way and was bursted! That's just crazy! Don't they know anything about dogs? How can they bond with a dog that already has owners.

I don't think I will ever have enough money to get a chip implanted in my dog. Besides, he is a mixed dog, so I am sure no one wants to steal him :) He would bark his head off if they get to close to him too.

IcyBC, Aug 16, 2016
  3. Pippin

Corzhens Well-Known Member

I would never consent to that intrusion to our dogs. Any kind of surgery, as much as possible, would be avoided. I want our dogs to be natural. In fact, one of our dogs has bad breath caused by gingivitis (disease of the gums) and the vet had recommended oral cleaning that would subject our dog to general anesthesia. I declined that prescription. And our only female dog Barbie was also suggested to be spayed and again, I declined. And if that tracker chip would be in fashion then maybe I can stay old fashioned.

Corzhens, Aug 17, 2016
  4. Pippin

claudine Well-Known Member

We had Homer chipped when he was a puppy. As far as I remember, it wasn't very expensive. Also, it wasn't painful. Homer is very important to us and we want him to be safe.

claudine, Aug 17, 2016
  5. Pippin

Alpha1 Active Member

I know chipping is way more advanced but I prefer using normal trackers. There is the risk of someone removing the tracker but I don't have enough information about chipping to recommend it.

Alpha1, Dec 16, 2016
  6. Pippin

Winterybella Well-Known Member

I do not have any kind of tracking for my girls and I don't allow them to venture very far. I am also now learning about an identity pill. I'll definitely have to research that.

Winterybella, Dec 17, 2016
Ask a Question