Have you ever...

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by pugskjj, Aug 7, 2012.

1. pugskjj

pugskjj Well-Known Member

LOL Argon got me thinking about this in another thread. How many of you have ever tried dog food, dry or wet, to actually see what it tasted like? What about their treats?

I will admit that I have been tempted to try the Beneful wet food but haven't...yet LOL And I have tried a couple of the sausage or sweet potato treats :oops:

pugskjj, Aug 7, 2012
  2. pugskjj

argon_0 Well-Known Member

No I haven't. Some times I thought about it. Well in moderation pugskjj dog food should be fine.o_O Consult your dog first.:p
    Do they add additives especially for dogs? I was told you can't give cat food to dogs. Though for a long time I gave Mishka cat food pilchards in aspic jelly and nothing else was added.The vet told me to avoid giving her cat food regardless.:confused:

argon_0, Aug 7, 2012
    pugskjj likes this.
  3. pugskjj

Pocs Well-Known Member

Well I have to admit though I never tried the can or dry varieties, I did try the new refrigerated versions they have on the market today. Just a bite mind you, I didn't make a sandwhich or anything. Remember the deviled ham that came in the wrapped paper can, it taste like that. But more like chicken, I know everything taste like chicken. Although the taste was ok, I wouldn't eat it on a regular basis on crackers or anything. It did make me aware of what my dog taste.

Pocs, Aug 7, 2012
  4. pugskjj

Jessi Well-Known Member

Well....

I make his food, so yes, I've tried some of those concoctions before, lol...but that's people food so it doesn't really count.

What I really want to try are Beggin Strips. They smell so strong....

Jessi, Aug 7, 2012
  5. pugskjj

pugskjj Well-Known Member

LMBO @ Pocs...you are too much!!! I just KNEW I would find someone who did try

Jessi..that doesn't count LOL I would hope you eat your own cooking...hmmmm I have some of those Beggin Strips...

pugskjj, Aug 7, 2012
  6. pugskjj

Jessi Well-Known Member

Try them!

If I were in the house with my dog currently, I would totally go try one of the treats. Sometimes they smell really enticing...

Jessi, Aug 10, 2012
  7. pugskjj

haopee Well-Known Member

You guys should get a whiff of Royal Canin's Recovery Food. It's seriously tempting to taste... like nice smelling tasty tuna. I have to admit, I was on the verge of trying it but my logic got the best of me.

On the other hand, my best friend has tried a number of dry kibbles and doggy treats just for the sake of curiosity satisfaction. I recall him saying that Optima tasted better than Bow-Wow.

haopee, Aug 13, 2012
  8. pugskjj

Jessi Well-Known Member

Lol!

Well realistically, I'd like to think that anything I'm feeding to my animals wouldn't hurt me in any way.... so I wouldn't mind trying them. I just haven't actually done it.

Jessi, Aug 14, 2012
  9. pugskjj

nikki Well-Known Member

I got a sample of the bacon treats once and I was mighty tempted. I didnt though...

When I was a kid we would dare each other to eat the kibbles and bits. The cheese flavored sticks arent that bad!

nikki, Aug 14, 2012
  10. pugskjj

claudine Well-Known Member

Lol:D . I've never tried it. I can't even imagine doing it. First of all, I'm a vegetarian, so it's obvious I'm not tempted to steal my dogs food:p . But apart of that, this food really smells awful. I'm always surprised that Homer is so happy when he gets it.

claudine, Sep 2, 2012
  11. pugskjj

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I haven't tried any of the pet food I bought from the stores. However, my father had tried some and he told me that tasted alright, somewhat like fish crackers. Of course, I taste the food I cook for my dogs. The home-cooked dog food is good enough for me to eat, too.

Victor Leigh, Sep 4, 2012
  12. pugskjj

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

I can't recall where I read this, but I believe the FDA requires all dog/cat food to be safe for human consumption. I guess this makes sense if you think about it more, especially if someone's kid decided to eat some and got sick. That said, I have no interest in trying it, lol.

OhioTom76, Sep 14, 2012
  13. pugskjj

Jessi Well-Known Member

Jessi, Sep 14, 2012
  14. pugskjj

pafjlh Well-Known Member

I have never personally tried dog food myself. I have a brother who once did when we were younger, and he said it was horrible. To be honest the smell of the dog food brand we have bought over the years, has been enough to tell me that I didn't want to taste it. Although, I know there are some brands out there that actually do have a good smell so it might be tempting to try it.

pafjlh, Sep 25, 2012
  15. pugskjj

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Really? I haven't actually tasted any dog food but I have certainly smelled it. The smell is somewhat like that of dried fish. Maybe dried fish is one of the ingredients used. By the way, to my nose, dried fish as in salted dry fish smells good.

Victor Leigh, Oct 1, 2012
  16. pugskjj

pilot2fly Well-Known Member

No I haven't. I don't plan to either. I heard they can be quite gross to humans.

pilot2fly, Oct 1, 2012
Ask a Question