Have you ever made something for your dog?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by haopee, Jan 18, 2013.

1. haopee

haopee Well-Known Member

I love creating things for my dog. From toys to sweaters to beds...

Have you ever done something for your dog? Have you sewn a bed or made a toy that he/she has cherished?

Just in case you might want to know... I suck at creating stuff so don't be shy in sharing your failed attempts. They are all welcome in this thread.

haopee, Jan 18, 2013
  2. haopee

claudine Well-Known Member

When Homer was a puppy, he was interested in everything and always happy so making things for him was easy. Now I have to put more effort into it because he became quite picky:p . Yesterday I tied up a cone with a long rope, I thought it will be fun for him to chase it and catch it, but he got bored with it rather quickly:(

claudine, Jan 19, 2013
  3. haopee

pafjlh Well-Known Member

I have actually sewed blankets for my dogs in the past. I'm a good sewer so I had no problem with doing this. The only problem I did have was the fact that my dogs seem to want to drag their blankets all over our yard. They also like to chew on them. It was different with the first Buddy because he was trained enough to be in the house all year round at night, I didn't mind too much sewing his blankets because he didn't seem to ruin them too much.

pafjlh, Jan 20, 2013
  4. haopee

haopee Well-Known Member

LOL. That's a commendable effort. I once bought the head of a mop and decided to tie it on a string, hanging from the ceiling. The dogs had a blast trying to pull it down. Sometimes, the most mundane of things are the ones they love most.

That's really sweet. I suck at making stuff like that. Once, I made a hand-sewn pillow and even though it looked awful (and was awful!), Peanuts would always end up lying on top of it. LOL. I made it from used pillows and old worn out blankets that had tears.

haopee, Jan 21, 2013
  5. haopee

Jessi Well-Known Member

Nope, I can't say that I have, ha. I'm not very crafty any more.

I remember making some cat toys for my cat when I was younger, though. We didn't have a dog at the time or I probably would've done it for him/her then, too.

Jessi, Jan 24, 2013
  6. haopee

argon_0 Well-Known Member

I was throwing away a large queen-size mattress to the tip and decided to remove the top cover which was basically a sheep wool type of covering.It was a chore to remove but well worth it.
    Whenever we go out and leave Mishka at home, I drag out this huge blanket and put it on the back veranda, a sort of comfort blanket.:)

argon_0, Jan 25, 2013
  7. haopee

Jessi Well-Known Member

Aww, that's really sweet. We do something similar when we take our cat to the vet overnight. She needs something that smells like home/us and has a special 'comfort towel' that stays in her kennel. I'd love to have something more personalized and comfy than that, though.

Jessi, Jan 25, 2013
    argon_0 likes this.
Ask a Question