Has anybody heard of James Wellbeloved?

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by haopee, Jun 20, 2012.

1. haopee

haopee Well-Known Member

I've heard mixed reviews regarding this product and I was just wondering if any of you have experienced trying this kind of dog food. They say it's good while one review has mentioned that there was a problem with the sodium content of it. This company is based on the UK reason why I haven't seen this being sold locally.

[​IMG]

Care to share you experiences with it?

haopee, Jun 20, 2012
  2. haopee

zararina Well-Known Member

First time to heard of such brand for a dog food. I also think it is not being sold here and so never had tried it.

zararina, Jun 20, 2012
  3. haopee

Melody Well-Known Member

Haopee, I've never heard of it either. I looked it up and it appears to be a specialty brand. The Turkey and Vegetable has chondroitin and other supplements added.

I suspect because it's a UK company is why I haven't seen it in the US.

Melody, Jun 21, 2012
  4. haopee

NewDCD Well-Known Member

Haven't heard of it either. Honestly that name sounds like it belongs to a comic book or manga character : P

NewDCD, Jun 23, 2012
  5. haopee

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

OK I've heard of it, because it's one of the higher selling brands here in the UK. However, I don't rate it. It's massively overpriced for what it is, and you can get a better quality food than that, for at least £10 less than their asking price. It's made by Crown pet foods, who also make Royal Canin, another overpriced dog food. I rate that even lower than JWB.

Evilsprinkles, Oct 13, 2012
  6. haopee

pafjlh Well-Known Member

I have never heard of it as well. But then I do live in the United States, and from what I gather this is a UK brand. But since apparently its one of those high end UK brands of dog food, odds are I wouldn't have used it anyway. I'll admit that I have to budget my dogs food, the same way I have to budget my own, so they don't get the pricey brand type food.

pafjlh, Oct 14, 2012
  7. haopee

haopee Well-Known Member

I see. No wonder. I totally agree about Royal Canin. The vets, however, offer their recovery food for dogs who are recovering. It smells pretty good, that's for sure ( I mean the Royal Canin recovery food). Even my lethargic dog couldn't resist it.

haopee, Oct 16, 2012
  8. haopee

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

Royal Canin does sell a veterinary diet that's even more ludicrously priced than its standard range. One of my two is a HUUUUUUGELY fussy eater, and she wouldn't even eat that stuff. We currently feed Arden Grange food to our two, it's very good quality food and not insanely priced either.

Evilsprinkles, Oct 19, 2012
  9. haopee

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

I had never heard of that before. That's kind of a morbid name for a bag of pet food, I would be a little creeped out to read the ingredients, lol.

OhioTom76, Oct 20, 2012
  10. haopee

haopee Well-Known Member

Indeed. Royal Canin is quite expensive. I once bought a can of it as per the vets request. It cost me $4. That was what we were supposed to add in our dog's food who was recovering from something.

In our country, its price range is along the $10-$20/kilo. I suppose that's cheap but compared to other dog food which only cost a fifth of that price, it's outrageous.

haopee, Oct 22, 2012
Ask a Question