Handicapped dog & stairs

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jessi, Mar 29, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I have no idea if there's actually something wrong with -that- dog, but it did make me stop and think. Our dog is getting up there in age and struggles sometimes to use the stairs, but insists on going upstairs anyway because the bedrooms are up there. I can't imagine us ever installing something like this, but maybe other people would? So long as they could be trained to stay still in it, then it'd make it much safer to go up and down.

Jessi, Mar 29, 2012
  2. Jessi

zararina Well-Known Member

Is that automatic?
    If its human operated, I think better to just carry your dog since it can make him feel cared and loved unless he was too heavy. ;)
    I think that push button should be placed near the bin so that the dog can push it and it should be much lower so he could manage to get in there. :p

zararina, Mar 30, 2012
  3. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Yeah, I'm not sure everyone could actually carry the dog up and down stairs, especially if they're on the older side.

I do think it'd be neat to have it dog-operated, though, so he could manage it himself.

Jessi, Mar 30, 2012
  4. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I cannot imagine anyone buying one of those things. I mean, if they love their dog that much, they would be carrying it upstairs when it's too old to go up on its own. Unless they have a St Bernard or a Fila. In which case, they can always move the bed downstairs. I have met some St Bernards in real life and they are huge. Haven't met any Filas yet so I only have this picture to go by:

[​IMG]

Victor Leigh, Apr 1, 2012
Ask a Question