Grunt!

Discussion in 'Meet My Dog' started by Shawn, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Shawn

Shawn Active Member

[​IMG]

This is Grunt, he is a 2 year old Black Lab male dog. He has a little bit of pit bull in him as well. He is one of the nicest dogs I have ever seen but he likes to trick people. He barks and growls at you (if you are a stranger) and acts as if he wants to kill you but once you get in his reach, its time to get slobbered on and he will give you a ball to throw around and play, haha. I don't tell too many people he has pit bull in him due to ignorance people have over those sorts of breeds. He has turned into my most favorite dog. :)

Shawn, Nov 27, 2011
  2. Shawn

LoupGarouTFTs Well-Known Member

Oh, someone has mischief on his mind! Just for the record, I belong to an American Pit Bull Terrier club and think that it's the people that own those dogs that give them the bad reputation, not the dogs themselves. They used to be America's dog and it's so sad to see their decline. :(

LoupGarouTFTs, Nov 28, 2011
    Nick87 likes this.
  3. Shawn

Becky Well-Known Member

He looks very handsome, I love black labs. My step-sister has one and his bark is definitely worse than his bite - he is such a softy!!

Becky, Nov 28, 2011
  4. Shawn

Fleexie Member

He looks like a really cute dog.
    I had a white lab, when I was kid.

Fleexie, Nov 28, 2011
  5. Shawn

Shawn Active Member

Yeah, I think pits are beautiful animals. They are also great search and rescue dogs. But people believe whatever they see on TV or what the latest gossip is from the family grocery store, so people is the real problem here, haha.

Shawn, Nov 30, 2011
  6. Shawn

BeachHut Active Member

Your dog really looks charming, I think he's a playful dog based on how you described him. :D

Anyway, I think it's unfair to judge a dog by its breed. Pitt bulls naturally crave love and attention and they are great dogs. It's the owner's fault and responsibility if their dogs become aggressive or harmful. :(

BeachHut, Dec 1, 2011
  7. Shawn

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I think Grunt is predominantly Lab.

Labs are well-known for being just about the friendliest dogs in the whole of caninedom. I remember reading up on the breed while researching an article. It is said that Labs are more likely to go with intruders rather than chase intruders away.

Labs would vie with Golden Retrievers for the top spot as the Epitome of Canine Friendliness.

Victor Leigh, Dec 1, 2011
  8. Shawn

zararina Well-Known Member

He looks so healthy and happy.;)
    Labradors are really playful and loving. They like to be very close to people specially to their owners and play with them.

zararina, Dec 1, 2011
  9. Shawn

I think that's the same problem with Rottweilers. I have seen one Rottweiler that had always been confined in a cage from puppyhood to adulthood. It was no wonder that it had a very bad temper. I think anyone would have felt the same if raised in the same manner.

Victor Leigh, Dec 2, 2011
  10. Shawn

wahcashmom Well-Known Member

He is a very cute black lab, I used to have a lab years ago. They are really great dogs, so sweet and loving.

wahcashmom, Dec 2, 2011
  11. Shawn

Shawn Active Member

I was raised around rots, my mom and step dad raised them throughout my childhood. They were some of the best dogs I have ever seen :) They were super over protective of me though, probably because I snuck them table scraps and played with them the most out of anyone else. I remember when I was about 12, I had did something to get in trouble, smoking or something and my step dad was gonna whip me and the FOUR rots we had at the time all shielded me and showed their teeth if he got to close with the belt lol! Needless to say, I didn't get into trouble that day... Haha. However, my parents got smart and would lock the dogs up before disciplining me... once I saw the dogs getting locked up, LOL I knew I was in trouble :p

Shawn, Dec 21, 2011
  12. Shawn

King Browny Well-Known Member

I dream of having a black Labrador someday that’s why I’m envious right now. Haha!

As for the Pit Bull thing - Sorry, guilty as charge. I think them ferocious. It’s because there’s a black pit bull in the neighborhood that can’t contain his ferociousness that even my dogs are scared of it. But then again you all are right. It could be the owner’s doing why it turn out to be like that. And we should never generalize.

King Browny, Dec 22, 2011
  13. Shawn

Those Rotts are real smart cookies. They definitely know which side of the bread is buttered. And who's putting on the butter, too.

Victor Leigh, Dec 22, 2011
  14. Shawn

Shawn Active Member

My black lab is playful and very energetic haha so be warned about that if you ever get one. Someone told me if I have him fixed, he will calm down but to be honest, I like seeing him as hyper as he is... it cheers me up on my bad days :)

As for pits, Pits are actually used as search and rescue dogs if you can believe it... they are ferocious when treated bad during their development years just like any other breed. If you treat a child bad, chances are they will grow up and commit criminal acts, same with animals, well domesticated once at least... IMO.

Shawn, Dec 29, 2011
  15. Shawn

Also I think dogs reflect the personality of their owners, too. A bad-tempered man may end up with a bad-tempered dog. Maybe that's why I see so many sweet young things with such sweet young puppies.

Victor Leigh, Dec 31, 2011
Ask a Question