Grinding chicken carcuss

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by RichZ, Sep 9, 2015.

1. RichZ

RichZ New Member

I buy rotisserie chicken them throw away the carcuss, would it be okay to grind it up with some chicken then feed to my dog?

RichZ, Sep 9, 2015
  2. RichZ

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I think if you grinder up so fine then there is not much to worry about. I cooked chicken and rice soup for my dog but only added a pinch of salt since I avoid heavily seasoning food. I am not sure if the rotisserie chicken carcus absorbed lots of seasoning or not, but I don't any harm after it is already grind up.

IcyBC, Sep 10, 2015
  3. RichZ

RichZ New Member

I have a Magnum 1800 that will grind real fine. Good that now I don't have to waste any chicken it will all get used Thanks.

RichZ, Sep 10, 2015
  4. RichZ

Trellum Well-Known Member

You can try it, as long as the carcass is ground really fine. So there is no risk there might be splinters left in the mix :) I know someone who does this, and his dog is in top shape. So don't worry and give it a try, I'm sure your dog will love it!

Trellum, Sep 11, 2015
  5. RichZ

Winterybella Well-Known Member

I think if the grinding is super fine it should be okay. Around here many still beleive in feeding their dogs the bones. I have to keep reminding myself of how dangerous it can be. I should get me one of those grinders.

Winterybella, Sep 11, 2015
  6. RichZ

Johanna Well-Known Member

Yup splinters not good x I just give mine chicken bits

Johanna, Mar 26, 2016
  7. RichZ

RichZ New Member

No splinters ground fine same as wet canned food accept pure

RichZ, Mar 27, 2016
    Johanna likes this.
  8. RichZ

Corzhens Well-Known Member

We have a family friend who used to collect the chicken bones in the chicken house near their home. She would grind it using mortar and pestle. We had already advised her against it but she said it was her vet who had recommended that food to her. And one time when she failed in grinding all the bones, there was a sharp sliver that got caught in the throat of her dog. Fortunately, that small bone did not linger in the throat. That served as a lesson to her and now she is allergic to chicken bones.

Corzhens, May 22, 2016
Ask a Question