Greetings from Virginia

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by lovemyfurbabies, Apr 14, 2015.

?

Do you sleep with your dog/s

Poll closed Apr 21, 2015.
  1. Yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. lovemyfurbabies

lovemyfurbabies New Member

Hi, I'm Jeannie. I wanted to introduce myself and my four fur babies. Let's start with Sampson who is a pure breed Bichon Frise that is 10 years old and blind. Sampson came to me when I received a phone call from an annoyed girlfriend that her sister-in-law dumped this dog off on her. I told her to bring him by and he has been part of our family since September 2007. Beowulf came to us from a local rescue that we foster dogs for: http://sharpeirescueofva.org/. We got a call saying we could stop by and meet him, well my husband had a love at first meet moment and within six months he was official our new adoptee. He is purebreed Shar-pei and is 7 seven years old. Hennie is our current foster for the rescue, she is awesome, sweet, and loves all people & dogs alike. She is a Shar-pei and is 6 years old. Athena is my girl, my favorite which I know is unfair to say but she just is. My son & I decided to stop by animal control and take a look around, when I saw her light brown eyes and she licked my hand from behind bars I feel in love. I thought she was at least two years old, but when I asked more about her I found out she was only 7 months old and I was sold. Athena is now 2 years old and she is an American Staffordshire/Pitbull mix. Well thanks for listening and pleased to meet you all. all_dogs.jpg

lovemyfurbabies, Apr 14, 2015
  2. lovemyfurbabies

Trellum Well-Known Member

Beautiful dogs, also the stories on how they came to you are beautiful. Thank you very much for rescuing those dogs, you are awesome!! Specially the blind one, a lot people would think it twice (I've heard so many stories of people getting rid of dogs that go blind - breaks my heart), before adopting a dog in that condition, but you didn't. YOU are my hero!!!!!!

Trellum, Apr 15, 2015
  3. lovemyfurbabies

lovemyfurbabies New Member

Thanks! They are all an awesome bunch. Your right about people dumping dogs with issues which really is sad. I wouldn't want someone to turn their back on me if I had a change in my condition whatever that my be.

lovemyfurbabies, Apr 15, 2015
  4. lovemyfurbabies

Trellum Well-Known Member

Yes, I know what you mean. I ever do unto others what I'd not like to get done unto me :( Sadly in my country you get to see that very often. I'm glad to say I stayed by the side of my little puggsy til she died, I made a commitment to her when i got her as a gift from a now ex. Sadly some people here don't feel the same way. I've read so many stories of stupid dog owners leaving their dogs just because they're old... gosh...

Trellum, Apr 16, 2015
Ask a Question