Golden Retrievers Tend To Owner For 2 Days After Fall Until Help Arrives, Show True Loyalty

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

A really amazing story I felt like sharing with all of you! It never ceases to amaze me how wonderful some dogs can be.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/...ons-after-fall_n_5977904.html?utm_hp_ref=dogs

Trellum, Mar 29, 2015
  2. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

Dogs are amazing creatures. They're so sweet, loving and caring! I feel safe when they're around. My Homer is tiny, so he can't do much, but I know that nothing could stop him from helping me. We're family:)

claudine, Mar 29, 2015
  3. Trellum

Yes they are, Claudine! It never ceases to amaze me how loving and genuine dogs can be! I keep reading so many stories like this one, this goes to show dogs are in fact men's best true friend.

Trellum, Mar 30, 2015
  4. Trellum

Life would be sad without dogs and their wagging tails. When I was a child, I often felt lonely, because I wasn't allowed to have a puppy.
    I can honestly say that meeting Homer changed my life:)

claudine, Mar 30, 2015
  5. Trellum

I can same the same about my Frida, I had an awful experience with the first dog my mom got us, it was just awful. But my Frida showed me how kind and sweet a well behaved dog can be. She is so smart and sweet! We are so lucky, Claudine!

Trellum, Mar 31, 2015
  6. Trellum

Frida is a really lovely name!:)
    The first dog I met belonged to my aunt. As far as I remember, he wasn't friendly at all, and I was a little scared of him.

claudine, Mar 31, 2015
  7. Trellum

Oh really? Was he a big or small breed? To be honest when I was little I wasn't a big fan of stranger dogs, I was actually pretty scared of them. Also scared about strangers in general, still I am.... last night I had some nightmares of some stranger chasing me!

Trellum, Apr 2, 2015
  8. Trellum

This sounds like a really scary dream!:(
    My aunt's dog was a Italian Greyhound. He was a pure breed champion, but he wasn't very smart;) I remember she couldn't teach him anything.

claudine, Apr 2, 2015
  9. Trellum

It is, Claudine, I had a similar dream last night again, I don't know why I keep dreaming I'm walking down some really scary and long street in the middle of the night. Maybe it's because of that incident I had once, in the middle of the day when I was walking down a street... a man tried to approach me, but I ran with all my might until I lose him! No idea what would have happened to me if I hadn't reacted so fast!

Oh I see! I've heard those dogs aren't very smart as well :p So... she couldn't potty train him, right?

Trellum, Apr 3, 2015
  10. Trellum

This sounds absolutely terrifying! I'm so glad you managed to run away from him!

As for my aunt's dog, yes, she couldn't potty train him. I remember her sofa and most of her furniture were constantly wet. It was disgusting:p Not to mention that her dog ate my diaper when I was a toddler:eek:

claudine, Apr 3, 2015
  11. Trellum

Claudine, it was so strange, because I didn't even think about it... I was suddenly running away!!! I didn't even think about it, it was like my legs just started moving. I think that is what they call survival instinct, glad to know mine works well.

Oh nooo!!! Ewwwww, I bet you didn't like to visit your aunt so much for that reason! Your aunt must have been such a patient person :eek: Lol, he did that? For reals? He ate the whole diaper? :O

Trellum, Apr 4, 2015
  12. Trellum

I'm sure it was survival instinct. Did that man try to chase you? I don't know what would I do if this happened to me. I freeze when I'm scared:eek:

My aunt was living with us, on the second floor of our house;) She loved her dog very much, so she let him did whatever he wanted to do. Scolding him wouldn't have changed anything. He really wasn't intelligent;) And yes, he ate the whole diaper:eek:

claudine, Apr 4, 2015
  13. Trellum

Yes, I was walking by a lonely street, the guy was young and seemed to be under the influence of drugs! I don't know in a matter of seconds I could sense he wanted to grab me and probably rape me, I saw that in his eyes, so I just ran. I'm actually surprised I didn't freeze!

Lol!!! Oh my god!!! He just snatched it away from you and ate it? What a character of a dog, lol!

Trellum, Apr 5, 2015
  14. Trellum

It must have been terrifying!:( It's great you listened to your instinct and ran away.

I don't remember it, I was just a toddler. According to my parents, he stole the diaper from a basket, where they kept them:eek:

claudine, Apr 5, 2015
Ask a Question