Getting Peed on by Your Dog

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by haopee, May 10, 2012.

1. haopee

haopee Well-Known Member

Seriously, this is one the things I can't remove from my mind! A couple of days ago, my dog Coal, has initiated a cold war with me by peeing on me like I was a fire hydrant. That day, I had him on leash because I was bringing him to a potty spot. Before I could leave the spot, he raised his leg and started peeing.

I am unsure if he'd meant to disrespect me because he does "submit" (lower his head and body or lie on his back) and respect the food-giver's presence. He also obeys with a single "No". However, it's just too much... too awful... too funny.

Right now, I am simply concerned if this is simply because he isn't neutered and doing territorial markings or because of a bladder problem I might not have noticed. Any ideas?

haopee, May 10, 2012
  2. haopee

MakingCents Well-Known Member

I've had it happen before, but it wasn't anything dominant. I just wasn't paying attention when he lifted his leg and all of a sudden MY leg was wet. lol!

MakingCents, May 11, 2012
  3. haopee

Melody Well-Known Member

This has happened to me before. Misha went through a bad period at about a year old where she'd pee on me when I picked her up. Not every time, but enough to be annoying. Thank goodness she is over that now.

My brother's Yorkie marked me once. He marks everywhere. I had been out walking Misha and they came over while I was out. They were in the kitchen when we came home. I was standing talking to them and Yogi walked over and peed on my pant leg. It was funny...afterward!

I wouldn't worry too much unless a pattern develops. It could be like my brother's dog marking everything. Though, a person does not like to see themselves as part of the territory. If he looks like he has trouble holding his urine even for short periods, then their could be something going on like a bladder infection.

Melody, May 11, 2012
  4. haopee

zararina Well-Known Member

Our recent dog is my first male dog since ever since, dogs here are females.
    I have not experienced it and so far he knows where to pee.
    Maybe have more patience to potty train him and show him you do not like him peeing on you. Or be alert and avoid his pee every time he will raise his leg. ;)

zararina, May 11, 2012
  5. haopee

Jessi Well-Known Member

If he's never done this before, he probably just wasn't thinking and really had to go. You happened to be what was there to pee on and caught the bad end of it, lol. If he does it again, then I might consider looking into it more.

Jessi, May 12, 2012
  6. haopee

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I haven't had that happening to me yet. However Benjamin has a bad habit of trying to make love to my leg. The funny thing is that Benjamas also tries to do the same thing after watching Benjamin do it, even though Benjamas is a girl.

Victor Leigh, May 12, 2012
Ask a Question