Funny umbrella

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by claudine, Nov 17, 2012.

1. claudine

claudine Well-Known Member

Have you ever seen something like this?:p Can you imagine walking with it? My Homer hates when it's raining but he is also moving very fast and I wouldn't like to run after him with it through the park:p
    [​IMG]

claudine, Nov 17, 2012
  2. claudine

Melody Well-Known Member

Oh dear! Now, I love my Misha very much, but she's going to have to hold her own umbrella especially if it's not raining. LOL I'm pretty sure the umbrella would scare her.

Misha also hates the rain. Though, once I get her out the door, then she is fine with it. She can put up a good fight at the door though. I practically have to drag her.

We had a Collie when I was in high school that refused to go out at all when it rained. The only way she would do her business is when my brother came home. He would carry her to the lawn, she would pee, then he'd carry her back. Sierra did not care about the rain. She really wasn't frazzled by much.

Melody, Nov 18, 2012
  3. claudine

Jessi Well-Known Member

I could see it working if it were attached directly to the leash instead. So if that little dog is actually on a leash under there and the umbrella attaches just a few inches above it, then it would keep both the dog and umbrella in a way that you wouldn't have to chase after them.

Jessi, Nov 18, 2012
    claudine likes this.
  4. claudine

Nick87 Well-Known Member

My little dog hates rain, so I typically have to walk out with her with an umbrella covering both of us when she needs to go out. I like Jessi's idea, if the dog had an umbrella right above its leash then you wouldn't worry about moving with the dog and keeping up with the dog.

Nick87, Nov 18, 2012
  5. claudine

I think it actually might be a good idea, I wish I had something like this:) . If I did, it's possible that Homer wouldn't refuse to go for a walk when it's raining:p Maybe you should patent this idea:p

claudine, Nov 18, 2012
  6. claudine

Jessi Well-Known Member

Ha, I should! I bet there are a lot of people that would use something like that....although I don't know how well the dogs would like it.

Will Homer wear a poncho at all? Or a rain coat?

Jessi, Nov 18, 2012
  7. claudine

bellahpereira Well-Known Member

LOL! This is adorable! Personally, I wouldn't even attempt this with Rafa - he would spend his entire walk trying to grab it from me and run away with it. He doesn't do well with things he doesn't understand, and especially if they're particularly close to him :p I can imagine that you wouldn't be able to pull this off with Homer either though, lol. I totally agree with the leash idea - it would seem more practical and less work for the owners as well. Rafa doesn't really like the rain but there's no way to get out of it so he prefers to get wet rather than not having a walk at all. I would imagine that it's the same with other dogs too.

bellahpereira, Nov 19, 2012
    claudine likes this.
  8. claudine

haopee Well-Known Member

Here's something that would make a lot more sense to me... and the models are so adorable too.

[​IMG]
    source

This should do too...

[​IMG]
    source

haopee, Nov 19, 2012
    claudine likes this.
  9. claudine

Homer has a rain coat (if you can call it like this, it's just a piece of fabric with a few belts) and he hates it. He bites me when I'm dressing him up. Fortunately his memory isn't very good and he forgets he is wearing it quite quickly, especially since there are so many distractions during the walk:p
    Haopee, these umbrellas are adorable!:D

claudine, Nov 19, 2012
  10. claudine

bellahpereira Well-Known Member

Yes! Something like this would make a lot more sense to me too! It seems more logical and practical. I think it would still bother some dogs though - like mine, as he is very picky about anything touching his head. I would assume that it would be hard to put on them too and ensure that it stays on while the dog is enjoying a walk or some time in the backyard. But then again, that is a problem with anything you put on a dog! :p

bellahpereira, Nov 22, 2012
  11. claudine

haopee Well-Known Member

I don't think it's advisable for small dogs, though. The tiny umbrella might have them flying like a hot air balloon on the windy days.

Little dogs seem to adjust faster with jackets and hoodies compared to crazy looking umbrellas. :p

haopee, Nov 23, 2012
  12. claudine

Oh, I can imagine...I'm sure my Homer wouldn't enjoy flying:p . Also, I wonder what would happen if a dog with something like this on his head wanted to roll in the grass:p

claudine, Nov 23, 2012
Ask a Question