Funny crawling Yorkie

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by claudine, Sep 21, 2013.

1. claudine

claudine Well-Known Member

I found a video that is both hilarious and a little weird. I've never seen any dog crawling like this.
    The Yorkie has just been bathed. I guess she really hates being wet:p
    Here is the video:

Does your dog crawl after you bathe him?

claudine, Sep 21, 2013
  2. claudine

zararina Well-Known Member

Yes. :p
    That dog is trying to rub his body on the floor to remove the remaining moist/water in his/her body. :D

zararina, Sep 24, 2013
  3. claudine

But it looks almost like she is having problems with her spine. Her owners say that she does it after every bath though, so I guess there is nothing to worry about.
    Homer sometimes crawls too, but never with such intensity :p

claudine, Sep 24, 2013
  4. claudine

Trellum Well-Known Member

I've always wanted to have a yorkie at home :) This yorkie looks adorable, I think she is rubbing her body against the carpet because she wants her fur to be dry again. Her owner should pay more attention to that, but I think they didn't even try to dry her fur because they wanted to record this video :D

This is the first time I see a dog doing this tho :) I have seen my cat doing it, but it never lasts this long! Cats love rubbing themselves against a lot things, but that's no news :p

Trellum, Sep 28, 2013
  5. claudine

Yup, I'm sure that they didn't dry her hair on purpose. To be honest, if my Homer was crawling like this after being bathed, I probably wouldn't dry him either, at least not immediately:p
    Having a Yorkie at home is wonderful, I'm speaking from my own experience:D

claudine, Sep 29, 2013
  6. claudine

I've always wanted a yorkie :) Are they easy to train? Did you have a hard time potty-training your yorkie? I had a hard time training my pug, but it was super easy when I had to train my standard schnauzer :) It seems the smaller the dog is, the harder it is to train it. Well, that's the way it has been with most of the small dogs I've owned, there is always an exception ;)

Trellum, Sep 29, 2013
  7. claudine

No, I didn't have a hard time potty-training him, but it was the only time when he wanted to listen to me. I guess it's because he was so young back then. Now, he is completely out of control and he doesn't listen to anyone:eek: . Well, he sometimes listens to my boyfriend, but only when he is in a good mood:p
    It's not that bad though, Yorkies are adorable even when they're naughty:p:p
    Anyway, I completely agree the smaller the dog is, the harder it is to train it. This is very true!

claudine, Oct 1, 2013
  8. claudine

Homer sounds like such a character :p I'd love to see a picture of him :) How old is homer? You know that the older they get... the more stubborn they become? My miniature schanuzer was very old when I saved him from a breeder, so as he got older he also became a more stubborn dog. The only reason he came running when I called him, was because he thought i had some food for him :p Small breeds are really hard to deal wtih sometimes, I think mine felt like a diva :D:p

Trellum, Oct 1, 2013
  9. claudine

Homer will turn 8 this Saturday. We will have a party, he always gets gifts on his birthday:D
    I can't upload any new pictures of him due to technical problems (I don't have a camera and I haven't figured out yet how to transfer pictures from my smartphone to my computer:p ) but here are a few older ones:
    http://www.dog-forums.com/threads/homer-in-a-suitcase.878/
    http://www.dog-forums.com/threads/homer-on-the-windowsill.946/
    He looks pretty much the same now:)
    And yes, I completely agree that small dogs often feel like divas. I'm sure that your Schnauzer was an adorable dog:)

claudine, Oct 4, 2013
  10. claudine

Awww!!! He's really adorable!!!! I specially liked the suitcase picture!!! He looks adorable in every single picture, but that one won my heart! Looks like he thinks he's going on a trip with his mommy :) I wish him a happy birthday!! I'm sure he will see more of those in his lifetime ;) By the way, 8 years isn't much for a dog, he's still a youngster ;)

Trellum, Oct 4, 2013
    claudine likes this.
  11. claudine

He is cute, isn't he?:D:D
    It's his suitcase now, no one is allowed to touch it:p
    Most of the time, he acts like a puppy. Also, he looks like a puppy, so I tend to forget that he isn't so young anymore. Fortunately, he is very healthy and energetic, he loves running and playing fetch:D

claudine, Oct 4, 2013
Ask a Question