Fruits and veggies you can safely offer to your dog

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Trellum, Jun 21, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

Here is a very neat list with all the fruits and veggies you can give to your dog, perfect if you are looking for a healthy snack to offer to your canine friend this summer.

[​IMG]

Trellum, Jun 21, 2015
  2. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

Thank you for sharing this list, it's very helpful. I didn't know that dogs can eat asparagus and cauliflower. I'll give them to Homer. He likes trying new foods:)

claudine, Jun 22, 2015
  3. Trellum

That is great, Claudine! I am sure he will love them! I personally like cauliflower a lot specially raw in salads! It's delicious!

Trellum, Jul 7, 2015
  4. Trellum

I've never eaten raw cauliflower, I always cook it and add to pizza and pasta sauces. But I'm sure Homer will like it raw. He loves crunchy foods:)

claudine, Jul 9, 2015
  5. Trellum

Ah, so you use cauliflower to make a gluten free dough! I have always wanted to try that, but was nervous about the flavour. Does it taste very good? Like the average pizza crust or does it vary?

You can ask your boyfriend in case you didn't taste a non gluten free pizza :)

Trellum, Jul 9, 2015
  6. Trellum

No, I don't use cauliflower to make a dough. I buy a ready-made gluten-free pizza base and then add many different vegetables and cheese. It's delicious, I love it, my boyfriend loves it too:)

claudine, Jul 10, 2015
  7. Trellum

Ah!!!! It's just I had read about a cauliflower pizza crust, perfect for people like you and people trying to avoid carbs as much as possible. I thought it was so healthy! Your gluten-free pizza crust sounds like a healthy option as well!

Trellum, Jul 10, 2015
  8. Trellum

IcyBC Well-Known Member

What a fantastic list to have on hands! I have given Capone carrot and apple pieces. He loves them as treats some time but wasn't sure about anything else. He has a sensitive stomach so I have to always be careful. New foods don't seem to stay in with him and just causing him to vomit.

IcyBC, Jul 15, 2015
  9. Trellum

Oh, it does sound like your boy has a very delicate stomach! My girl can't tolerate certain things, even if they are on the list of ''you can feed it to dogs''. I can understand why you are extra careful with what you give to him. I'd be careful with most fruits if I were you.

Trellum, Jul 16, 2015
  10. Trellum

I'm glad my Homer doesn't have a delicate stomach. He can eat anything he wants. To be honest, I don't remember the last time I saw him vomit:)

claudine, Jul 16, 2015
  11. Trellum

That is very nice, he is a small dog, but he sounds like a really tough one. I still remember you told me he swallowed a bead from one of your skirts, lol, That little doggy is tough!

Trellum, Jul 17, 2015
Ask a Question