Four Pit Bull Puppies Find Forever Love Against All Odds

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Trellum, Sep 11, 2014.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Like so many other stories, Mac, Petey, Piper and Percy’s rescue started with many late night phone calls, text messages and desperate pleas. Four pit bulls needed rescue after a drug raid in a local inner city neighborhood.

The conditions the dogs were living in were horrible and no other rescue wanted to touch them, knowing that they had been in direct contact with a puppy that had contracted parvo. It was assumed they would fall ill too.

When someone noted that they needed a rescue crazy enough to take all four, immediately they knew exactly who would do such a thing. Pathway to Hope, a rescue organization in New Jersey, immediately stepped up, not willing to accept such a negative prognosis without giving these pups a fighting chance.

Did they have the money? No, but they had the support of an amazing network of volunteers and had faith that they would work it out for the sake of the dogs.

So, they began by reaching out immediately to the vet, who agreed to quarantine and treat the pups. It was a miracle when none of these babies got sick! Once medically cleared, each dog was placed with a Pathway foster family. These foster families are very special, dedicating their time to training and caring for their rescues and are fully involved in the adoption process.

http://www.lifewithdogs.tv/2014/09/four-pit-bull-puppies-find-forever-love-against-all-odds/

Trellum, Sep 11, 2014
    claudine likes this.
  2. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

This is a very heartwarming story:) Reading it made me feel much better about people. I'm very glad that all the puppies are safe now. Their new owners look so happy!

claudine, Sep 21, 2014
  3. Trellum

IcyBC Well-Known Member

Such a wonderful story to read on Christmas Eve. There are fantastic and generous and devoted humans out there that amazed me with their dedication to save the dogs. We know some are mean and bad, but we also know there are just angels stepping up to care for them.

IcyBC, Dec 24, 2015
  4. Trellum

I know, right? This kind of stories are perfect for this time of the year :) I know that we read awful stories on a daily basis, but there is always a good one that doesn't make it to the news :) It's amazing when one of them do though :)

Trellum, Dec 24, 2015
    IcyBC likes this.
  5. Trellum

It's been a while for those puppies, but I am guessing they are now very big and strong :) I was also so happy to read they had been rescued! This kind of news do really warm the heart!

Trellum, Dec 24, 2015
  6. Trellum

KimmyMarkks Active Member

Wow this is a remarkable story. It is so sad that such helpless animals are treated so poorly. There are so many animals that are living under bad conditions that it makes me so happy when I hear of something like this.
    I've never actually heard of the disease called parvo. Is it deadly?

KimmyMarkks, Dec 24, 2015
  7. Trellum

claudine Well-Known Member

Trellum - They really do:) Stories like this always make me happy.
    KimmyMarkks - as far as I know, it's an extremely dangerous disease. My aunt's dog survived it, but he was sick for many days.

claudine, Jan 2, 2016
Ask a Question