"Forbidden areas"

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by GavinMcresty, May 8, 2013.

1. GavinMcresty

GavinMcresty Well-Known Member

Are there any places in your house, which are "off-limits" to your dog? If yes, why is this? Also, do you manage to keep them out or do they manage to get in anyway? In our house, the dogs were not allowed into the study. The only reason for this was to keep them away from the computers. My dad was worried their hair would damage the computers eventually.

GavinMcresty, May 8, 2013
  2. GavinMcresty

claudine Well-Known Member

My bed is a "forbidden area"...which makes it very tempting for Homer, I'm afraid. He doesn't like any rules. I suspect that he sleeps there in my absence but I don't know how to stop him. If I locked the door, he would bark and make other family members open them for him:eek:
    I don't let him sleep there because I don't want my pillows to smell like him.

claudine, May 8, 2013
  3. GavinMcresty

zararina Well-Known Member

My bed is also the forbidden area. :D I just only caught him once in my bed when he saw our cat sleep on it. :p
    He could sleep on the couch or in the chair but not in my bed.

zararina, Jun 1, 2013
  4. GavinMcresty

trishgl Well-Known Member

Our bedroom is a forbidden area since our baby's crib is located there and our daughter often plays on a mat on the floor. Although we know our pet chacha would never bite or nip our daughter, chacha might surprise her and the baby might topple over. Chacha has learned not to enter but she does try to sneak in every now again. We have to be vigilant and consistent when we train her so whenever we have time we leave the bedroom door open and wait to see if she would go in. If she approaches the door and prepares to come inside we tell her to stop and she does turn around or just sit outside the room.

trishgl, Jun 17, 2013
  5. GavinMcresty

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Similarly to others Mishka is forbidden to get on our bed as well as our couch.
    She has her own couch inside which we change covers regularly in the vain attempt to keep some of those doggie odours down. On rare occasions she's defiant and sleeps on our couch. If I get up in the morning and she's on the floor with a sheepish look on her face, I immediately check to see if there's a warm spot. If there is, I quietly reprimand her. I sometimes wonder if she figures out how I should know she has.:confused:

argon_0, Jun 23, 2013
Ask a Question