Food Grade Diatomaceous Earth

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by MzMonka, Apr 13, 2013.

1. MzMonka

MzMonka Well-Known Member

This is one of the best things I have found for flea and tick control and also to control intestinal parasites in my dogs. I know there are a lot of chemicals on the market that are available to use to treat our animals but just like my kids I always try to limit the amount of chemicals I put into their systems. I have dogs that have flea allergies and have also had reactions to the commercial treatments on the market, finally I decided it to attack the problem naturally.

Food grade DE has done wonderful in my home and is also safe for cats. For treatment on animals you dust them with the DE and it will kill the fleas and ticks since it pierces the exoskeleton and dries out the bugs, you can dust the bedding with it, kennels etc. We dust our yard with it also which keeps the population down, of course not during the rainy season. For treatment of intestinal parasites you mix a small amount with the dogs food. I give it to all my animals and have no had an issue with worms or anything else and I have puppies that INSIST on eating poop and we all know that dogs can get tapeworm from fleas. DE takes care of all of it. It is inexpensive and you don't use as much as you might think. It is a nice all natural answer to a number of issues we face as pet owners and also keeps the extra chemicals out of the yards our dogs and children play in.

MzMonka, Apr 13, 2013
  2. MzMonka

zararina Well-Known Member

Diatomaceous Earth sounds to be a really great product.
    I have not heard of such product yet here. Before, I used Shield Guard which is a powder to get rid of our dog's fleas.

zararina, Apr 13, 2013
  3. MzMonka

MzMonka Well-Known Member

At this point I wont use anything else on my pets. I just make sure to give extra water when it is mixed into their food.

MzMonka, Apr 13, 2013
  4. MzMonka

remnant Well-Known Member

This is a timely advice since the problems listed that are solved by diatomacious earth are commonly encountered by every dog owner. I have learnt about diatomaceous earth and would like to know whether it can be bought online or mined. If it can solve all these problems and still remain cheap, its a must have product in the arsenal of dog protection.

remnant, Aug 17, 2016
Ask a Question