Fish Oil Benefits for Dogs

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by lexinonomous, Nov 8, 2015.

1. lexinonomous

lexinonomous Member

After seeing a previous thread made on Coconut oil, it reminded me of the wonderful benefits of fish oil! Giving your dogs fish oil can result in various awesome benefits. I have been giving my dogs fish oil for a few years not and they seem to eat it right up. The results of them taking it in daily have shown a bit throughout the years.

Fish oil can help with healthy skin and a glistening coat. Other benefits can include:
    > Decreased inflammation
    > Increased stamina
    > Improved the immune system
    > Decreased shedding
    >Adds moisture to dry, irritated skin
    >May be used to enhance your pet's appetite by adding an appealing fish flavor
    > Reduced Joint Discomfort
    > Less Problems with Dry, Itchy Skin Attractive, Shiny Coat
    > Renewed Energy
    > Protection against Auto Immune Diseases
    > Reduced Risk of Stroke or Heart Problems
    > Keeping Blood Triglycerides in Check
    > Antioxidant Properties Lower Risk of Cancer
    >Anti-Inflammatory Activity

If you'd like to read more information on the benefits of fish oil, make sure to check out this awesome link: [deleted by admin]

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2015
    lexinonomous, Nov 8, 2015
  2. lexinonomous

claudine Well-Known Member

I often drink fish oil, but I had no idea my Homer can drink it too. Thank you for the tip! I'll definitely add some fish oil to his food. I'm pretty sure he'll like it, because he loves the taste of fish.:)

claudine, Nov 10, 2015
  3. lexinonomous

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I feed my dog Salmon dog food with Salmon being the first ingredient, and this particular brand has B6, B12, and fish oil in them. I saw the shedding becomes less but this is the season that he is getting his winter coat on, so I just have to brush him and clean the house.

IcyBC, Nov 10, 2015
  4. lexinonomous

Winterybella Well-Known Member

I am guessing it it's good for humans it is good for dogs. I have not used it but I certainly see how it can be beneficial. I guess I should look into getting some for both of us.

Winterybella, Nov 17, 2015
  5. lexinonomous

KimmyMarkks Active Member

I used to switch off between giving my dogs cod liver oil and fish oil. Since it is high in fat I figured it would have similar benefits to if I took it. I absolutely think it made their fur coats shiny. I also believe it is good for their heart (similar to people).

I am a big fan of supplements for both myself and my animals.

KimmyMarkks, Nov 17, 2015
  6. lexinonomous

Trellum Well-Known Member

It's funny, while growing up I used to think that fish was bad for dogs (big myth), so now it's kind of funny to think that you can feed fish oil to your dog :) I would definitely love trying it with my sweet girl!

Trellum, Mar 5, 2016
Ask a Question