Fish for our dogs

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Corzhens, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Corzhens

Corzhens Well-Known Member

If you are feeding your dogs with cooked food, do you give them fish? Our 2 vets agree that fish is better than meat when it comes to nutrition for the dogs. However, meat is more delectable for the dogs. And since you should not put any seasoning to the dog food, you have to be creative with the fish. Broiled fish has that delicious aroma which our dogs love. And fried fish also wakens their appetite. But boiled fish is bland for them so we seldom give them boiled fish.

Corzhens, Jul 15, 2016
  2. Corzhens

IcyBC Well-Known Member

When Capon was sick, I cooked chicken breast with rice porridge, and he loved it! I haven't tried it with fish, because fish is fishy around here. They are farm raise, which means that they use un-natural things to make the fishes get bigger fast. And wild caught fishes are usually very expensive.

However, I fed him Purina Pro Plan, Salmon and rice formula, which is a better alternative for my pocket.

IcyBC, Jul 15, 2016
  3. Corzhens

claudine Well-Known Member

We often give Homer cooked fish, because he loves it more than anything in this world;) His favorite dog food is fish flavored too. He chose it when we went to a pet store and the lady who was working there gave him a few different samples to try.

claudine, Jul 15, 2016
Ask a Question