Finally, a Milo's Kitchen Recall

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Melody, Jan 15, 2013.

1. Melody

Melody Well-Known Member

Over the last year, many dogs have died across the US after eating Milo's Kitchen treats. There was a story locally where a dog died and the owner made it her mission to get the treats recalled. It took many months and a lot of work, but Purina has finally decided to pull some of the treats off the shelf.

It makes me a bit angry. There was clear evidence something was wrong with the treats. They have found an antibiotic in the treats, but will not say that that it poses a health risk. I wonder how many dogs have died or become seriously ill in the last few months because they refused to acknowledge a problem?
    http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57563268/purina-milos-kitchen-recalling-some-dog-treats/

Melody, Jan 15, 2013
  2. Melody

shdws Well-Known Member

It is so sad that many dogs had to lose their lives before the tests were done on the treats. It has hard to believe that companies can be so negligent and secretive regarding the content in their product. I hope they are held accountable for this.

shdws, Jan 16, 2013
  3. Melody

claudine Well-Known Member

I had no idea about it, it's so awful. People were buying treats to make their dogs happy and no one warned them they're so harmful? It's a nightmare:(

claudine, Jan 16, 2013
Ask a Question