Favourite vegetables

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by claudine, Aug 28, 2012.

1. claudine

claudine Well-Known Member

Does your dog likes vegetables? If yes, what are his favourites? My Homer would kill for a nice, big, fresh carrot. He loves carrots, he always gets them as a treat. He also likes green pea, but I don't give him a lot of it, because I don't think it's healthy for a dog, and he enjoys eating lettuce - especially if he managed to steal it from my turtles:p

claudine, Aug 28, 2012
  2. claudine

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Mishka likes her mashed pumpkin and apples are by far her favourite. Your Homer certainly likes his veg.:)

argon_0, Aug 28, 2012
  3. claudine

Jessi Well-Known Member

Green beans and carrots, but only if they're cut up into small pieces. If I give him slices of carrots, he will kick them out of his food, lol. He also kicks peas out, but he'll roll those across the floor sometimes, so it's a bit humorous, too. :p

Jessi, Aug 28, 2012
  4. claudine

AutumnFaith2012 Active Member

My boys love green beans, the fresh cut kind! They also love green peas. I feed them cooked green beans that have been refrigerated for a while for a snack in the summer. I do the same with the green peas. When they're cold they make for great snacks in the hot part of the summer! My boys also love sweet potatoes, but that was discovered by accident...LOL. I overcooked a sweet potato in the microwave and it was hard as a rock! I did a quick search online to see if it was OK to feed the sweet potatoes to dogs and sure enough it was. So one of my boys got a hard as a rock sweet potato to chew on all day. He was in doggy heaven!

AutumnFaith2012, Aug 28, 2012
Ask a Question