Favourite food

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by GavinMcresty, May 4, 2013.

1. GavinMcresty

GavinMcresty Well-Known Member

What is your dogs' favourite food? Do they have one in particular or do they just love everything? Our dogs ate just about anything given to them. However, one of them loved potatoes and salad. I cannot really single out any particular favourite of the other one. She loved pretty much everything!

GavinMcresty, May 4, 2013
  2. GavinMcresty

claudine Well-Known Member

My Homer loves everything except bananas. He tried a banana only once and spat it almost immediately, it was quite funny:p . His favorite are probably carrots. Fortunately they're really healthy so he gets a lot of them. He also loves bread and fish.

claudine, May 4, 2013
  3. GavinMcresty

zararina Well-Known Member

Our recent dog loves to eat bread. He will tirelessly wags his tail whenever he saw someone is holding a bread. :D

zararina, May 5, 2013
  4. GavinMcresty

ivan_ox New Member

My dogs are always looking for meat. They love to eat bones too but they do not eat fruits nor vegetables.

ivan_ox, May 8, 2013
  5. GavinMcresty

trishgl Well-Known Member

My dog loves this pastry my hubby buys from the neighborhood bakery. Its bread that is baked with cheese in the middle. It also has some sugar dusted on top. I'm not quite sure if dairy products like cheese is bad for dogs. We don't always give her one though. Maybe once every month.

trishgl, Aug 15, 2013
  6. GavinMcresty

I was wondering about dairy products too. I know that my Homer loves cheese, because he once had managed to steal a piece of it and ate it with delight. I know that it would make him extremely happy if I gave him some more, but I'm afraid that it would make him sick.

claudine, Aug 15, 2013
  7. GavinMcresty

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

My dog's favorite human foods are bologna, hot dogs, and Spam.
    Processed meats are like crack to him. They're not healthy so I limit his intake, but he goes crazy when he sees me frying up Spam.

ACSAPA, Aug 19, 2013
  8. GavinMcresty

It's the same with Homer. When he notices that my parents are having meat for dinner, he immediately starts jumping like crazy and begging. He won't calm down until he gets some:rolleyes: But I think that he prefers fish over meat. His favorite dog food is fish flavored.

claudine, Aug 19, 2013
  9. GavinMcresty

Trellum Well-Known Member

My dogs love to eat their dog food, but they also like to get some other treats. When it comes to human food tho, they'll eat meat only, or things that smell good or are sweet. They're actually very picky! The schnauzer likes to smell things before eating them, and if the smell isn't satisfying enough, then she will just walk away!

Trellum, Oct 23, 2013
  10. GavinMcresty

Haha, sometimes I think that it's pretty convenient to have a very picky dog, because at least you don't have to watch him jumping up and down when you eat and you don't listen to his whining. Homer is shameless, he can beg and beg until he gets what he wants;)
    What sweet foods do your dogs like, Trellum?

claudine, Oct 23, 2013
Ask a Question