Favorite Toy

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by MzMonka, Apr 28, 2013.

1. MzMonka

MzMonka Well-Known Member

All my dogs have their own toy that no one else is allowed to play with. Brooklyn has a tennis ball that I have to replace regularly, Gigi has a nyla bone that she is rather happy with when she remembers where she hid it and Betty Lou carries around a really small stuffed hippo that is made for little dogs.

Do you find that your dog has a favorite toy?

MzMonka, Apr 28, 2013
  2. MzMonka

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Mishka loves Frisbee. I used to buy the branded version but because the plastic is soft they get chewed quite easily. I now have a very cheap lightweight flying disk that has lasted now for a year.
    The pic is of a previous Frisbee.

[​IMG]

argon_0, Apr 28, 2013
    claudine likes this.
  3. MzMonka

claudine Well-Known Member

Argon_0 it's a lovely picture, thank you for sharing it:)
    We got a Frisbee for Homer because he was looking at other dogs playing with it with such envy. But now, when he has one too,he isn't interested in it anymore.
    His favorite toys are cones, he loves chewing them and playing with them.

claudine, Apr 29, 2013
  4. MzMonka

zararina Well-Known Member

I think the favorite toy of our recent dog is the rug in the house as he loves to play tug of war. Only the old rugs are allowed to be teared and dumped afterwards. :p

zararina, Apr 30, 2013
  5. MzMonka

claudine Well-Known Member

Oh, Homer loves our rug too! He wouldn't be able to destroy it though, fortunately he isn't strong enough. He just lies on it. One of his favorite activities it rolling on the back on it and tousling. It looks so funny, it always makes me laugh:D

claudine, Apr 30, 2013
  6. MzMonka

GavinMcresty Well-Known Member

One of our dogs never really played with any toys. She seemed to prefer attention from people. The other dog played with all sorts of things. She would play with balls of all sizes (tennis, football etc). However, she would often burst these. She did not seem to mind though and would continue playing with them until they were completely flat.

GavinMcresty, May 2, 2013
  7. MzMonka

haopee Well-Known Member

I've always tried finding a toy for Chooey. When she found a toy she could love, play and sleep beside with, the other dogs wanted to own it and whenever they see it, they'd pee on it. It was plain evil. So it's just sad that Chooey couldn't play with her toys when the others are around because it'd always end up in the laundry room.

[​IMG]
    Shih Tzu Dreams

haopee, May 3, 2013
    argon_0 likes this.
  8. MzMonka

argon_0 Well-Known Member

We were given a prayer rug by a friend when he left the state. A beautiful and I guess expensive rug. We put it down in our bedroom upstairs and the first thing Mishka did as a young dog was to chew off the tassels. Since then it's been rolled up waiting to put down somewhere one day.

argon_0, May 4, 2013
  9. MzMonka

haopee Well-Known Member

I'm sorry to break it to you, my friend. Unfortunately, that prayer rug will have to remain rolled up if Mishka fell in love with it at first sights. If only I could roll the potted plants in our front yard. The dogs just love digging them. They actually messed up big time some weeks ago because of they ended up killing a 10-year-old bonsai.

haopee, May 6, 2013
  10. MzMonka

CoCo New Member

My dog loves her stuffed mallard duck! It quacks when she bites it, and she carries it around by the neck. Sometimes she even sleeps with her head on it! She also loves her rawhide chew bones...she will gnaw on those forever, then when they get small or she rips a piece off, she will toss it into the air or run circles around it, all with her tail wagging :) It's really cute and she seems to be having so much fun, that I think its cheap entertainment for her!

CoCo, May 17, 2013
  11. MzMonka

amundy8 Active Member

I love this picture. Bailey likes the tug rope. Then she seems to like playing with the bones of small animals that she caught in the woods. She is a hunter, so catching animals seems normal for her. I would prefer she continue playing with the rope, but she prefers playing with "natural" toys, including sticks.

amundy8, May 23, 2013
  12. MzMonka

Lokitns Member

My pups all have the toys they enjoy but my one Chi has a duck that he is quite litterally inseperable from. And it's gotten to the point where it's so ragged it's almost just cloth in the light shape of a duck. But they have stopped making them now, and I can't see to find even replica or old versions on eBay. The GRRglge ducks, he will dig under 5-6 couch cushions to find it, he can smell it anywhere in the house, it's his Linus blanket for sure.

Lokitns, Jun 1, 2013
Ask a Question