Favorite place to go for a walk?

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jessi, Apr 1, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

When you walk your dog to do his business or just to play, do you have a favorite path to go? Do you head to a nearby park, for example, or just walk around the block? Does your dog seem to have a preference of where to go or is s/he simply happy to be out and about?

Jessi, Apr 1, 2012
  2. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

My favorite place is a deserted shopping bazaar near the railway station. The bazaar started with a bang and ended up with a fizzle. Only the lots facing the road are taken. So there's plenty of free space at the back. The entire place has concrete roadways. My dogs can run around without me worrying about accidents with cars.

Victor Leigh, Apr 1, 2012
  3. Jessi

zararina Well-Known Member

We used to walk our dog in the lake near our area.
    But now that there are too many stray dogs there, it was not safe to walk our dog their anymore.

zararina, Apr 1, 2012
  4. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

That's a pity. How about doing it with your dog on a leash? Plus a walking stick in one hand. Might keep unfriendly strays away. The walking stick, I mean.

Victor Leigh, Apr 1, 2012
  5. Jessi

It was not that safe too even on leash since there are really lots of stray dogs here (even those who have owners are freely roaming on the streets) since there is no strict implementation of rules/law here against stray dogs.
    Our dogs can just freely run/play/walk around in our compound.

zararina, Apr 2, 2012
  6. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Ugh, that really sucks. Our areas have a lot of stray cats, but fortunately not many strays dogs, so we're pretty safe. Are you able to go anywhere else instead?

Jessi, Apr 3, 2012
  7. Jessi

There are also so many stray cats here and actually my cat was bullied every time he would try to go to the roof. :p
    We just let them totally free in our compound with gates and they could run back and forth. ;)

zararina, Apr 3, 2012
  8. Jessi

haopee Well-Known Member

Mine is a good old brisk walk around the block. I've stopped walking them for awhile due to being sick. And we also have stray dogs and unsupervised territorial ones whenever we pass through their turf. I guess it's a good thing that dogs where I live understand the word "TSST" because when I say it, they usually retreat back to their gates.

haopee, Apr 6, 2012
  9. Jessi

dkramarczyk Well-Known Member

All the dogs that I had had never really cared where we would walk to. They just all enjoyed being outside and getting to run around. I had one dog that could seriously go for a walk for an entire day and he would love every second of it.

dkramarczyk, Apr 7, 2012
  10. Jessi

luvsdragonflies Member

We take our dogs walking at what we call the runway its about 500 acres and it has a river running through it. They really enjoy it.

luvsdragonflies, Apr 9, 2012
  11. Jessi

argon_0 Well-Known Member

I'm sooo lucky. I live in the forest and have trails everywhere. I don't like walking alone though. I need someone to hold my paw. There're so many animals around I don't know what to make of them. But I do like jumping in the stream when no one's looking. It's always a good chance to take a mud bath. I really don't know why they get annoyed when we get home. They get out the big tin basin, sit me in it and wash all that therapeutic mud off.

argon_0, Apr 10, 2012
  12. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

We have two favorite places. The first is the nearest park. Homer loves running there, because there are always dogs that he can bark at and many, many trees and benches to sniff.
    Our second favorite place is the area around my old school. I'm not sure why, but Homer enjoys walking there.

claudine, Sep 6, 2013
  13. Jessi

trishgl Well-Known Member

My favorite place to walk my dog is in my mother-in-law's neighborhood. Honestly I love it there. It's a gated community and they have pocket gardens and garden paths strewn around the area like small parks. You also see a number of dogs being walked early in the morning or late in the afternoon so my dog gets to socialize with other dogs. Its also quiet so I get to meditate while I walk.

trishgl, Dec 13, 2013
  14. Jessi

Trellum Well-Known Member

There is a park that is just 10 minutes away by car. I like to take my dogs there at least 3 times a week, because walking the dogs in my neighborhood is almost impossible and very risky! My neighborhood is filled with stray dogs! I once tried taking my girls for a walk, but I really regretted it! A big mean dog wanted to hurt them! We barely made it safe!

Trellum, Dec 25, 2013
  15. Jessi

Trellum, this sounds really scary! Do your girls bark at other dogs? My Homer does, he's so aggressive. If a stray dog wanted to hurt us, he would attack him and I really don't know what would I do if it happened:( I prefer not to think about it!
    So you take them to this park in a car? Aren't they scared of car rides?

claudine, Feb 12, 2014
  16. Jessi

firelily99 Well-Known Member

We head for the woods to one of our many trails that we both love. I try and mix it up because my dog has a number of close friends at the different parks and I enjoy seeing their walkers. I have never been to a dog park and doubt that I ever will. We both like to be out and rambling rather than just hanging around.

firelily99, Feb 12, 2014
  17. Jessi

My Homer doesn't have any close friends, but there are a few dogs that he tolerates, so I make sure that he meets them every now and then. Like you, I also enjoy seeing some owners. Having a dog is the perfect way to meet many new people:)

claudine, Feb 12, 2014
Ask a Question