Favorite Breed?

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by kinser, Apr 15, 2012.

1. kinser

Yiddo Member

Greyhound's are definitely my favorite, absolutely love them. I got one and will never look back.

Yiddo, Apr 22, 2013
  2. kinser

borderlab Member

Border Collie. Love their personalities and them being high energy suits my lifestyle, being able to take them out for long walks and coming home and them still wanting to play in the garden is perfect for me.

I also like German Shepherds and Springer Spaniels, I hope to own both in the future.

borderlab, Apr 22, 2013
  3. kinser

claudine Well-Known Member

I love Border Collies too, my boyfriend had one when he was a child - he always recalls him with a smile, it was a very sweet dog, unfortunately I didn't get a chance to meet him, he died many years ago.
    Border Collies are beautiful:)

claudine, Apr 22, 2013
  4. kinser

Jezebella Member

I usually adopt mutts, but I have to say I agree about the Autralian Shepard. My dad is a retired rodeo cowboy and when I was a kid he had two Aussies who used to follow him out on trail rides. They were the best dogs, eager to please and sweet. They're also pretty darn cute. I also love pugs, and dalmations.

Jezebella, Jun 24, 2013
  5. kinser

worldmachine Member

My favourite breed is the Jack Russell terrier, these dogs have great characters and are amusing to be around although they are strong willed and notoriously hard to train. They were originally bred for fox hunting and originate from the now extinct English white terrier. They do not suffer many illnesses and can have a long life span for a dog.

The Jack Russell is a very energetic breed and requires a great deal of exercise and stimulation, they have a variety of different coats and markings.

worldmachine, Mar 15, 2015
  6. kinser

Winterybella Well-Known Member

IMG_20150117_103204.jpg I am not good with breeds and don't know I've been dealing with dogs long enough to have a favorite breed but love smaller dogs. My Zola in the picture is mixed with a Chihuahua who's obviously mixed as well. Her dad was a pure Jack Russell. Zola seems to have a lot of Jack Russell in her as she is crazy energetic.

Winterybella, Mar 15, 2015
    claudine likes this.
  7. kinser

Zola is super adorable:) I love small dogs too. They make me feel protective of them, because they always look like cute puppies:)
    I dream about owning a Chihuahua.

claudine, Mar 16, 2015
  8. kinser

Winterybella Well-Known Member

Zola has the greatest fan base. She is so loving and outgoing and has energy out of this world. She does not lack for fans like her mom. After the barks and carrying on, in no time she's in your face or lap no matter the person. I feel like she can be easily stolen. When I get home tonight I guarantee that she will be all over me.

The one thing that I don't like about my Zola is she is so very greedy. I fear it's going to get her in trouble.

Winterybella, Mar 17, 2015
  9. kinser

Trellum Well-Known Member

It's a hard call, I really like schnauzers, but I also like yorkies and bulldogs! Bull terriers are also cool, they look so funny! Would love to have a bulldog and a yorkie tho :) I'd love to rescue one of those :)

Trellum, Mar 17, 2015
  10. kinser

Trellum Well-Known Member

They are what you make of them, just like any other dog :) But it is true for most chihuahuas that they tend to be a kinda nervous breed. But it really depends on how good you raise them :) I learnt a lot watching Cesar Milan ;)

Trellum, Mar 17, 2015
  11. kinser

My Homer is extremely greedy too:p
    I love dogs who are very friendly. They're so sweet! Yesterday, a tiny poodle came to me when I was walking in a park. I spent almost ten minutes petting him. He wasn't scared of me at all:)

claudine, Mar 17, 2015
  12. kinser

Diana Smith Member

I love most dog breeds and in general I am partial towards giant breeds. I loved my Great Dane Emily Marie. She was a huge couch potato and an excellent cuddling partner who used to sleep beside me on my bed. Sadly she died at only eight years old.

I also absolutely adore my little Papillon and think they are so dog-gone cute and smart. Just love their personalities and the fact that being a small breed dog they tend to have a longer life-span than the larger breeds.

On the other hand, I think my favourite breed of all has got to be the sweet amazing and intelligent Golden Retriever. They are so incredibly beautiful with their long soft fur and longish floppy ears. They are so gentle and sweet with better-than human-like qualities. Sometimes I think that Golden Retrievers are angels sent from heaven because they seem to always be there for you when you need "someone" to talk to.

Diana Smith, Jun 17, 2015
  13. kinser

worldmachine Member

Sadly Great Dane's and other large dogs are prone to heart failure so tend to have a shorter lifespan than smaller dogs. Great Dane's are very gentle natured dogs considering their size, my Jack Russell used to play with a Great Dane that lived around the corner, they loved each other and passers by would take photos of them together due to the obvious size difference.

worldmachine, Jun 19, 2015
  14. kinser

It's very sad that so many large dogs live such short lives:( This is one of many reasons why I got a Yorkshire Terrier. Yorkies are adorable, intelligent and they can live up to 20 years:D I know that losing Homer would break my heart.

claudine, Jun 19, 2015
  15. kinser

Gin L Member

I love medium to big dogs. Dogs like labs, Golden Retrievers, Dalmations, Border Collies. They just seem to have a friendlier and lovable personality. I don't like little dogs too much though. They're kind of mean. Although I do like Schnowzers and Cocker Spaniels and Beagles. They're sweet!

Gin L, Jul 10, 2015
  16. kinser

mak73 Member

This is a tough one. Growing up we had big dogs, dobermans, labs, german shepherd. Then I got a cocker spaniel. I loved her. She was my baby and didn't take any crap from our other dogs (german shepherd, beagle, sheperd/collie mix, and german shorthair pointer) But now, we have an American Pit Bull (brindle color) and she has been awesome. Never thought I would own one of these dogs, but glad I do. At 45 pounds she thinks she's a lap dog. She is great with the kids too, though she is my baby. She is great with people and would lick anyone to death.

mak73, Aug 3, 2015
  17. kinser

IcyBC Well-Known Member

I don't have a favorite breed and still haven't found one that I like one more than the other yet. Our current dog is mixed of Pitbull and Boxer. He is the best dog we ever have.

IcyBC, Oct 5, 2015
  18. kinser

iseeyou Member

I have a lot of favorite breeds but i think my top favorite is a Pomeranian. They are little adorable furballs and i just want to cuddle them all day long. I have a pug and of course i love my dog with all of my heart. It still doesn't stop me from wanting a cute little pom pom.

iseeyou, Jun 30, 2016
  19. kinser

Awww, I love Pomeranians too. They're the cutest little things. Just thinking about their tiny ears, round eyes and soft fur makes my heart melt:)

claudine, Jun 30, 2016
  20. kinser

Corzhens Well-Known Member

I don't want to be biased but I had to admit that pekingese is my favorite breed. Our first dog is a mixed breed that is medium in size. I loved that dog. But when I was given a pekingese, it easily became my favorite for 2 reasons - it is small and cuddly, it is also nice to be cuddled because of the thick coat. Right now I have a white pekingese that we named Barbie. You can guess that she is my favorite up to the extent of getting her to be a spoiled brat.

Corzhens, Jun 30, 2016
Ask a Question