Favorite brand of store bought food

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by nikki, Aug 16, 2012.

1. nikki

nikki Well-Known Member

Do you have a favorite packaged food? Does your pooch? Do you and your dog disagree on their food?

nikki, Aug 16, 2012
  2. nikki

haopee Well-Known Member

When you mean packaged food? Is that dog food or treats? Or is it the food the humans consume and at the same time dogs love.

For dog food, we buy dog food from the department store. We don't have many pet specialty stores here in our area so it's either Bow-Wow or Optima Lamb, Beef and Rice. Bow-Wow is for our local dogs while Optima is for the Shih Tzus. Oh, they also love canned sardines so sometimes, I mix a tablespoon of tomato sauce from the canned sardines into their dog food.

[​IMG]
    For dog treats, we have a new favorite. It's a Japanese Dog Treats called Doggy Man. Sometimes, I give them carrots.

haopee, Aug 17, 2012
  3. nikki

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

I don't buy supermarket sold food for my dogs, as I'm very conscious that they get everything they need, and I've found shop bought stuff, doesn't even come close. I buy mine something called Arden Grange lamb and rice.

It's hands down the best food I've ever found. It isn't exactly cheap, but they don't need a huge amount, and it's stuffed full of excellent stuff, I know that by feeding them AG, they're getting absolutely everything they need nutritionally, and more.

Evilsprinkles, Aug 17, 2012
  4. nikki

nikki Well-Known Member

Supermarket or specialty store food.

nikki, Aug 17, 2012
  5. nikki

claudine Well-Known Member

My Homer eats Royal Canin. It's a bit expensive food, but he is very little so he doesn't eat that much. The breeder whom Homer was brought from told us that this is the best food for dogs available in our country and it's really healthy unlike this well-known cheap food from supermarket. I hope I can trust him.

claudine, Aug 20, 2012
  6. nikki

Jessi Well-Known Member

For our current dog, the only food he ate for years was those little Beneful tubs. I switched to making him food after that, so I'm not sure what other commercial food he may have had.

A dog prior to that only ate Purina. I felt like it was an okay choice without breaking the bank.

Jessi, Aug 20, 2012
  7. nikki

joycemcgregor Active Member

My little dog loves Fresh Pet. I get it in a roll at the supermarket. It is marked off in serving sizes so it is easy for me to get the right amount. I cut it into little squares, barely warm it in the microwave and she lays on her back on my lap and eats off a little fork. Needless to say, she is extremely spoiled. My daughter lives with me and she has a dog that will eat any kind of dry food. She keeps some in his bowl all day and he nibbles at it. Occasionally, my little girl will go ever and steal a piece, she then carries it away from the bowl, drops it on the floor and then picks it up and eats it.

joycemcgregor, Mar 31, 2015
  8. nikki

Trellum Well-Known Member

As a treat my Frida loves Cesar's, but she usually has blue buffalo, because that is one of the best brands out there. It at least seems to be the best pick, at least so far and out of all others!

Trellum, Apr 8, 2015
Ask a Question