False Advertising - Baths Aren't Fun

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Jessi, Sep 28, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Awww. Poor puppy. At least he doesn't seem to be struggling and fighting it. He doesn't seem to pleased either, though, huh?

Jessi, Sep 28, 2012
  2. Jessi

Nick87 Well-Known Member

lol aww. Most dogs don't like baths, but occasionally you will get one who likes it. My friend's dog loves baths, he thinks it's a game or something or he just likes getting rubbed down with shampoo. My dogs don't like baths though, but they'll sit there and take it if they have to, they just won't be happy about it.

Nick87, Sep 28, 2012
  3. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

My dog sometimes looks like this too - but only when he is very tired after biting me, fighting and trying to run away:p . He really prefers to be dirty, a bath is like a nightmare to him.

claudine, Sep 28, 2012
  4. Jessi

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Same with Mishka she looks like a sad sack when bathing her. What is it with dogs? They can have no angst with splashing in cold puddles and creeks but when it comes to a warm bath with soft towels they look as if they want to ring a lawyer for mistreating them.:confused:

argon_0, Sep 29, 2012
  5. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

I think it's a control thing.

It's like when cats dip their paws in water, it's perfectly fine.... but if you put the water on them, they freak out.

Jessi, Sep 29, 2012
  6. Jessi

Lex Active Member

Aw! I honestly don't know if I've ever met a dog who actually likes bath-time. All of our dogs do a very good at tolerating it, of course, but none of them really like it. Dumbledore really loves playing in the hose, though, but I'm pretty sure that doesn't count! Haha.
    ,'

Lex, Jan 18, 2013
  7. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Our lab used to LOVE water.

We didn't do official baths, but if you got out the water hose, he would get so excited. It would just make his day to get to play in the water. Labs are naturals with water anyway, though, so it's not really surprising for that breed.

Jessi, Jan 19, 2013
  8. Jessi

Lex Active Member

N'aw, that's so sweet! Our oldest lab used to love to run around during the summer, when we had sprinklers on and whatnot. Unfortunately, now, she's gotten a bit too old and it takes a bit more for her to get up and moving around, you know? Our younger lab loves it too, of course, but getting outside with him and the water hose is a task only for the bravest soul. Haha.

Lex, Jan 22, 2013
  9. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

I don't have sprinklers. I wonder what would Homer do if I had them. Maybe it would be fun for him? Maybe he would realise water isn't always so horrible:p

This cute dog definitely enjoys playing with sprinklers:

[​IMG]

claudine, Feb 12, 2013
  10. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

I recommend a bathing suit and/or shorts/tank top.

That way, if you get all muddy, it's not a big deal and it can be fun for both of you. :)

Jessi, Feb 13, 2013
  11. Jessi

zararina Well-Known Member

Yes, usually dogs do not like to take a bath but make themselves behaved for their owners. Those photos are cute. LOL

zararina, Feb 13, 2013
Ask a Question