Drinking out of the toilet

Discussion in 'Dog Chat' started by Jessi, Sep 11, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Hehe.

On a more serious note, though, does your dog drink out of the real toilet? Do you have to make sure the lid or door is shut to keep him/her out?

Jessi, Sep 11, 2012
    Melody likes this.
  2. Jessi

zararina Well-Known Member

LOL That was a cute water bowl!
    Our dogs does not drink or tried to drink on a real toilet bowl. We always have a water bowl for them placed in a location they can easily access or see. And we always check that it was with water. ;)

zararina, Sep 11, 2012
  3. Jessi

Melody Well-Known Member

Oh, isn't that cute! :p Though, I'm not sure I'd want to encourage my dog to drink from a toilet even if it is a replica.

Misha is not tall enough to get up to the seat. I have a feeling all it would take is one jump into the hole and that would be it for her.

We do have to keep the bathroom door closed because she has what I would considered as disgusting a habit. She likes to like the base of the toilet! I have no idea why, but I've caught her doing it a couple of times. I can't imagine what it tastes like nor do I want to know.

Melody, Sep 12, 2012
  4. Jessi

claudine Well-Known Member

It's quite cute:p . My Homer doesn't drink water out of the toilet because fortunately he is too small to reach it. If he was bigger I'm sure he would try though since he is very naughty and he is always tempted to do things that are forbidden:p

claudine, Sep 12, 2012
  5. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Well fortunately I don't think that dog is big enough to be able to reach the real toilet anyway. And a large dog who would, would be too big to use a small dish like this, too, I think. It would just knock the whole toilet ball over, hehe.

Jessi, Sep 12, 2012
  6. Jessi

pafjlh Well-Known Member

LOL, at that picture and that water bowel, guess that would be something that would grab a dogs attention. As for a dog wanting to drink from the toilet, personally I find such a thing disgusting because of the amount of germs that can be found in a toilet, but unfortunately a dog doesn't understand this they just see water in a contain spot and think its safe to drink. I do have one dog large enough to do this, and he has tried to, so we try to keep the bathroom doors shut when he's in the house to keep him out of the toilet.

pafjlh, Sep 12, 2012
  7. Jessi

argon_0 Well-Known Member

Cute drinking vessel. Mishka has plenty of water in various places so I guess she's never had the need to drink from the toilet bowl.Perhaps people need to be aware that their dog drinks from the toilet or licks the base of the toilet and take precautionary measures as Melody does.

argon_0, Sep 13, 2012
  8. Jessi

haopee Well-Known Member

Nope. Last time, when I lived in a single bathroom house, the dogs never came inside to check out the toilet. They have this imprinted in their mind that the bathroom is not a place to mess with... and that if they go in, they'll most likely be getting a bath. So, fortunately, no toilet drinking issues here.

haopee, Sep 13, 2012
  9. Jessi

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

Hahahahaha. I love that. We're very lucky that neither of our dogs will try drinking out of the toilet, although out cat tries is sometimes. We always keep the seat down for that very reason!

Evilsprinkles, Sep 13, 2012
  10. Jessi

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

No, and thank goodness, because we usually have bleach tablets in the tank. We always had several bowls of water throughout the house though, so they were never running out of water any times soon.

OhioTom76, Sep 14, 2012
Ask a Question